Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, has anyone watched this show yet? It premiered last night on Discovery Channel.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/sons-of-guns/

Pretty decent so far. I like guns and I like shooting. There were guns and shooting in the show so it was a good start. The first episode they build a suppressed shotgun and shot a Civil War cannon.

The second episode they built a Master Key on the bottom of a EBR. A master Key for those that don't know ( or don't play Call of Duty :) ) is a breaching shotgun under a rifle. (M-16 type).

We'll see how the show moves forward. Hopefully it will stay pretty cool. I also like that there is another show that shows firearms in general aren't the devil.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I watched both episodes. I liked it and I'll watch it again. I think the Master Key was a bit over-the-top, but I'm not the one buying it.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I noticed was that it's going to be difficult to change mags in a high stress moment on the AR. The shotgun mounted directly up against the magwell of the AR. Instead of swooping in from the front of the gun and UP with the mag, you'd have to go straight up, or from the rear which seems unnatural to me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would say as long as it was the same person doing the breaching all the time, that person could practice with it enough to be a natural movement. And the show is pretty good so far.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
I would say as long as it was the same person doing the breaching all the time, that person could practice with it enough to be a natural movement. And the show is pretty good so far.
Well, the department being demo'ed ordered 8 of them. That must be one heck of a barricaded town!

Since I figured out how to use my house keys, I don't have to breech the doors anymore.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I like it. It definately beats the rest of the Wednesday nite lineup. Taht and I've gotten into Howe and Howe tech thats on right beforehand. Plus the owner Will's not a complete ass to his employees. Treating your folks like crap just turns me off no matter how good the technical stuff is. I guess it's the old Navy Chief coming out in me.

That $1/4 million cannon was bad assed.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Episodes have been OK. The other night they had a shooting competition amongst themselves to see who got to shoot the flame thrower. I wasn't impressed with the shooting styles at all. Flame thrower was cool though!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
In one of the Intro segments the owner started out talking (gun across chest) with his finger on the trigger. It appeared someone off camera alerted him and you could see him deliberately move it. I saw the comp TheLaw is talking about and was also not impressed. It seems most of the guys are trigger slappers.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't seen one person on the show square up to shoot. Not an employee of the business or a customer that comes in to test out a gun. :(

·
Registered
275 Posts
I enjoyed the episode to suppress a Saiga 12 shotgun. It's amazing that they supposedly are the first to silence a shotgun significantly. From 170 db's to 144, not to shabby. Eliminates the need for hearing protection, at least in my opinion. I sat in my old car with a stereo system that was 148.2 db's without any issues. $2500.00 for the suppressed Saiga 12, wish I could have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Is this the show where they rebuilt the machine gun and the chick went night fishing with a bow and arrow?

I caught part of it by accident... channel flipping... couldn't remember the name.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I watched the one where they build the 50 cal. and they really pissed me off. They didnt know what they were doing with that thing. They were picking it up by the barrel when they mounted it and it was malfunctioning every three rounds. They didnt have it timed properly. Im surprised it didnt blow up on them.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I almost wondered if them not having it timed right was done for dramatic TV. They do a lot of things that bug me but I'd rather watch a silly show about guns then most other silly shows. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I almost wondered if them not having it timed right was done for dramatic TV. They do a lot of things that bug me but I'd rather watch a silly show about guns then most other silly shows. :)
That would make sense IF they diagnosed the problem and got it fixed. That would show the audience and potential customers they know what they are doing, but IMO, if you dont fix it, anyone who knows anything about guns could have a poor opinion. I dont think there is anything dramatic about 3 round bursts, even on a M16/M4. Now, a 100 round burst, that is dramatic!

I do like the fact that it is a gun show, and the daughter is decent.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They seemed to have it fixed by the end of the show. At least that's what I gathered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.