Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just ordered this stuff and wanted to try out the 8 megapixal camera on my new android phone lol

Federal HST 45acp 230gr standard pressure

Federal tactical bonded 135gr 9mm +p

Federal HST 147gr +p

·
Registered
612 Posts
Remington 40S&W JHP 155gr is what they have been issuing to my nephew who works for Homeland Security, Border Patrol. Any experienced pros/cons to this ammo? Simply asked as a type with no regard to cal...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't know anything about the Remington duty ammo. . .I've been a LEO for two agencies over 29 years time and have never been issued anything other than Federal or Winchester. . . .I never really thought about that fact 'til you mentioned the Remington--it's probably good stuff if the feds are using it, but I've never used any.

In my experience in the gov't sector, vendors are usually selected based on "low bid" rather than for quality. . . .for some things that system works out well, like for instance copier paper, toner and paperclips. For guns and ammo, it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling most of the time, but I've been fortunate over my career to have some pretty nice shootin' irons and ammo issued to me, so it tells me that in addition to low bid, there must be some common sense infused into the decision-making process for certain items. I realize that not all agencies are equal in that regard. . . .

I'm currently issued: Federal Premium Law Enforcement Tactical HST, .40 S&W, 165 grain JHP. . .the Glocks eat this stuff up just fine.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I don't know anything about the Remington duty ammo. . .I've been a LEO for two agencies over 29 years time and have never been issued anything other than Federal or Winchester. . . .I never really thought about that fact 'til you mentioned the Remington--it's probably good stuff if the feds are using it, but I've never used any.

In my experience in the gov't sector, vendors are usually selected based on "low bid" rather than for quality. . . .for some things that system works out well, like for instance copier paper, toner and paperclips. For guns and ammo, it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling most of the time, but I've been fortunate over my career to have some pretty nice shootin' irons and ammo issued to me, so it tells me that in addition to low bid, there must be some common sense infused into the decision-making process for certain items. I realize that not all agencies are equal in that regard. . . .

I'm currently issued: Federal Premium Law Enforcement Tactical HST, .40 S&W, 165 grain JHP. . .the Glocks eat this stuff up just fine.
I think we can all agree, long as it eats it well and it goes where you point it, that's better than half the battle!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is the difference between LEO ammo and non-LEO ammo?
the ammo makers don't actively market LE ammo to civilians. it invariably ends up on the civilian market due to contract overruns or depts changing ammo. it's perfectly legal for civlians to own, and offers the best price on the best JHP technology on the market. far cheaper than paying $25 for a box of 20round jhp's. the LE ammo comes in 50 round boxes for often less than $25. :)

Who cares about the ammo .... your DROID has an 8mp camera? HOLY COW.

PS I like that ammo too.
yeah this thing has an HD 720p video camera too lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.