Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't really need another one but I always want a new toy and there is no such thing as too many....I've got the Sig p229 .40 for carry weapon now, but I am about one push on the enter button from purchasing the Kimber Ultra Raptor.. What do you guys think is the best carry weapon??? Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

·
Registered
6 Posts
Depends on how I am carrying. I own multiple calibers but I only carry two handguns out of all of them I own. I carry a Glock 17 on duty and a 26 as a backup and off duty gun. Every so often, mostly if I am in a school for work, I will open carry my 17 off duty.

I don't think there is a be all end all carry pistol. It depends on what the person wants and needs. Some people want big bullets with low velocity and some want small bullets with high velocity. Some need a pistol that completely conceals, some don't need it to be concealed at all. Personally I find the 26 to work best for me. 9mm works very well, it has decent capacity at 10 rounds but still fairly small. I carry it IWB in a Comp Tac M-Tac holster and it disappears.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand that thi is a very broad topic and that there are a lot of options out there. I was just looking to find out the favorites and see if there is something I am missing out there before settling.....Thanks For the Replies

·
Registered
221 Posts
Don't really need another one but I always want a new toy and there is no such thing as too many....I've got the Sig p229 .40 for carry weapon now, but I am about one push on the enter button from purchasing the Kimber Ultra Raptor.. What do you guys think is the best carry weapon??? View attachment 746
The one I carry most is a Smith Bodyguard, ONLY because its so light and easy to conceal. The best for you is whatever you feel best carrying, that may be something different to someone else....so many choices!

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I carried a 1911 for several years, before that Springfield XDs. I stayed away from GLOCKs because I thought you had to carry a .45

I was introduced to the GLOCK 38, .45 ACP power in a 9mm size and switched almost instantly. Going from carrying A 42 Ounce gun, without magazines, to carrying one that weights 24 ounces makes a HUGE difference. Since switching, I've bought 2 more GLOCKs, both in 9mm. I actually find myself carrying the G19 more often than I carry the G38 now. With today's Self Defense ammo, a 9mm will do just fine.

I've been carrying for 18 years, shooting for over 32. I've carried just about everything in my day.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I think the best carry weapon is the one that YOU feel most comfortable with! For me that would be a Glock 19 or Glock 26.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.