Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the trigger is installed and I noticed when putting the slide back in the frame the the left rear opening hits the frame ( just a little) that slide slides through it. If I
squeeze the slide a little to the left it clears. I checked my wifes and hers does not do that. Could I have bent the rear slide rails messing with the trigger? When I rack the g17 everything seems fine. Just what to know if this is normal.

Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
not sure how drastic you have to squeeze the slide over but i notice on my G 23 i run into the rear rail with the slide when i put it back on some times. aslong as it funtions still then your fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm... just wish I could remember if it did that before I put the trigger... hmm... like i said it is not very bad at all... I know its the rear slide/extractor as I tried her slide on my frame and it did the same thing... I am going to take it to the range and see what happens. I really do not think it is anything...

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
What kind of trigger are you talking about? Fill me in better because I must have missed the original post?

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Ok I saw the original post now. Make sure that your new trigger is for a 3rd gen and not for a 4th gen.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's not the frame rail, it's the little arm on the trigger bar that depresses the firing pin safety when the trigger is pulled. That little arm is slightly higher and slightly differently shaped on the newest trigger bars.

Both my G23 made in 04 and my G27 made in 09(both as they came from the factory) do the same thing, I have to slightly pull the rear of the slide to the left side of the frame as I reassemble them.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
they're interchangeable. :)

it's the same thing as putting a G21SF trigger in a G30. the Gen4's are just SF frames.

in fact, if you put a gen3 trigger bar in your gen4, it'll sightly lighten the trigger pull.
Can you confirm that for sure? I don't think that is correct. The Gen4 trigger with trigger bar is a different part number and from what I have been told was in fact re-designed a bit. I know some folks have posted on the Interwebs they have put Gen3 in Gen4 guns but that doesn't necessarily make it right. The Gen4s are pretty much SF frames in size but not "just a SF".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To ease tension with everyone I live with i put a siderlock trigger as I did not want to mod the frame and wanted something I can take off and put the stock trigger back on. The original trigger was a bear to remove... I just wanted to make sure I did not bend anything... although the bar is pretty stiff... I am not going to worry about it... everything seems to function and it might have been there from the begging and I just never noticed...

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.