Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am posting with the title SOLVED so anyone else having a similar problem will be able to see the solution has been found.

I will have full video posted as soon as I have time, please be patient.

Weapon: Glock 17 Gen 4 400 round count

Problem: Slide locks back after each round. Even racking or sweeping the slide does not help, it still locks. The only way to get a round into battery is to actuate the slide release.

Condition: Magazine is in the weapon. Weapon has 300 or more rounds of ammo fired in it without cleaning.

Observations: Magazine release is dragging on the carbon build up. It appears the recoil may impulse the slide release upward thus locking the slide to the rear.

Correction: Initially, I removed the slide release and cleaned the contact areas. Resemble the weapon and apply a small amount of Rem oil to the contact points of the slide release. Fault is persistent, but some improvement. Pulling up on the slide release and letting it go does not result in much tension, it does not snap back into place.

Final solution: Upon close observation it appears that the top of the slide release spring is making contact with the locking block. Upper pin was removed and the slide release spring was pressed down as the pin was replaced. The spring is now making contact with the pin, there is increased tension on the spring and the slide stop now SNAPS back into place.

Conclusion: Malfunction of weapon was operator induced where it was assembled incorrectly.

As I said, I will be posting video later. At first I thought I had a part broken. I was so relieved to find it was a simple fix!

EB
Thankyou. I just put together a p80 that was locking back with no mag. I knew it was wrong.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts