Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL. Good job Rob!

I had a major issue with the site this AM, so much so, I gave up on trying to view threads and such. It wouldn't load pages for long periods of times, literally minutes, while I had no issue with any other site. Rob, is there any logs you can look at? It was around 8:30 - 9:30 AM EST.

·
Super Moderator
7,029 Posts
LOL. Good job Rob!

I had a major issue with the site this AM, so much so, I gave up on trying to view threads and such. It wouldn't load pages for long periods of times, literally minutes, while I had no issue with any other site. Rob, is there any logs you can look at? It was around 8:30 - 9:30 AM EST.
I have also had this issue from time to time. It is much better since the move to the new server, but it happened once. Seems to happen mostly late at night... or very early in the morning...

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, this was the first time I have ever had this issue. It was very frustrating as I have to have my Glock.pro fix or I start shakin' and stuff. :)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Being a premium member, I don't get the ads. :)

But, it was basically sitting there doing nothing. I would click on the link I wanted to visit, and it would sit there. Bottom left hand corner of my browser (Firefox) would say "waiting on glock.pro". If I clicked on the link a few times, or stopped the browser and tried again, it would "sometimes' load the page and other times it would just sit there.

·
Super Moderator
7,029 Posts
i'll check into it.. at 3:30 every morning it does a database backup which would slow it down probably, but at 8:30/9am it should be fine

Thanks!
Rob
Aaaaaiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... That is good to know... That is right around the time I used to always have problems!

I posted a screen copy of the message I used to get... The site couldn't be found... It seemed like some kind of phantom DNS issue to me, so I switched DNS a couple of times... Never could get it to stop and it never did it on any other site.

I'll bet that the old server used up so much power running the backup that it didn't answer forum requests. Everything has worked much, much better for me after the server hardware upgrade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.