Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts
I have attached the target that I use at my indoor range. The black circle area is 5 1/2 inches in diameter.

I have Vicker's Elite Battlesights on the front and rear of my G17 Gen 4 and G30 Gen 4. As you know, when you focus on the front sight the target is blurry.

When I place the target at 5 yards the black circle is larger than when I move the target out to 7 or 10 yards. When I shoot at a closer distant I can establish my sight alignment then my sight picture and my POA-POI is good.

When I place the target at 7 yards and especially 10 yards out, the black circle gets smaller and more blurry. At further distances I have a very difficult time establishing my sight picture because the black circle is much smaller and the front sight covers much of the black circle because of the further distance making it difficult to know where to aim.

I can do well at 7 yards but I really struggle at 10 yards to get tighter groups.

After I establish proper sight alignment how can I establish a good sight picture if front sight covers the black area of the target because the target is further away?
Use a six o'clock hold on the target.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.