Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a shoulder holster to carry my G27. I would prefer leather and I feel like if I'm going to spend $75+ I may as well get a good one. I'm leaning towards the Mitch Rosen Express. Does anybody have any experience with them? Or if you have different ideas I'm open to suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
No experience with the one you're talking about but my buddies dad is a detective and he carries his Glock22 duty weapon in a Galco Jackass Should Rig. He said he loves it and is very comfortable for all day wear. I am hopefully getting one soon for my G17 or G23 keyword being "hopefully" hahaha.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
topgun,
Do yourself a favor and get a GREAT One... not just a good one Sir! I have been there, done that and had the lower quality shoulder rigs years ago to prove it.
I have just purchased for my Glock 38 a Ritchie Bodyguard Rig. Made in the very same shop by the very same maker of all of my Alessi's from years past. Skip Ritchie worked with Lou Alessi and is carrying on the tradition of quality and customer satisfaction x9!
You won't be disappointed Sir,
Mike...
Brown Wood Liver Hardwood Wood stain

Ritchie Leather Co., Inc: Amherst, NY

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hey jtvanmeter,
Sure is... comfortable for all day use! I have been wearing this style Shoulder Rig since the late 70's early 80's when I first discovered them locally in Amherst, NY. I purchased so many both for myself and my Dad that the owner and I became close friends. Lou Alessi died a couple years back but one of his partners Skip Ritchie reopened in the same store front and I have been a loyal customer since. I have them for all configurations including 1911's and K Frame S&W's... LOVE Them :cool:
That's a nice holster Conquest. How does it fit? Is it comfortable for all day carry?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
TopGun, while I have no experience with Shoulder Holsters I do have experience with Mitch Rosen. I use his Premiere line of OWB holster and it is a fantastic holster. The express line is slightly cheaper with less detail put into the holster itself. If I was going to buy a Mitch Rosen, I'd go with the Premiere instead of the Express versions.

That being said, you probably want to get shoulder holster advice from someone else. LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like the higher end Mitch Rosen stuff, but have a hard time swallowing the price. That's why I was looking at the cheap version. I don't know if I can spend more on the holster than I did on the gun:)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Please tell me where you are getting GLOCKS for $150.00! I'll take 10 :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Express version is $135. That's what I'm looking at getting, but you encouraged me to get the Premier Version which weighs in at $385. $425 if you want black.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
LOL!

I told you I didn't "do" shoulder holsters. Now I found another reason not to use them. $400.00 for a holster, no way. :)

Sorry about that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah no kidding! I love the looks of those holsters, but when I think about buying a holster vs. another gun, gun will win always I think. I'm no expert or LEO, I just want something that will last and be comfy.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hey topgun,
The Ritchie Bodyguard that I pictured lists for $180.00... tell Skip that you know me {Mike Kriegbaum} and you may qualify for a PC Discount... not sure but it's a question worth asking (716) 691-5915/Skip or Bob Ritchie :cool:
PS: Penciled you in as a friend also... good to know ya!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mitch Rosen premier holsters are an excellent choice. I have one in shark for a G36 and one non shark for Walther PPS. Very comfortable, easy all day wear, worth the money IMHO. You typically get what you pay for in holsters.
Equate it to buying a rifle and the buying a scope that is more expensive than the rifle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Decided to go with the Mitch Rosen Express. I got it for my g27, but it fits the g22 as well. I really love it. Very comfy and well built holster. Total price to my front door was $146

1 - 16 of 16 Posts