Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So going from a 22 to a 23 plus a conversion for 9mm. seems like a good idea.

I know I will take a loss on the 22, but if I trade it in at the same place I bought it, how do I know if I am getting completely screwed on the trade in? The G22 is "newer." I bought it a little less than a year ago, without the intention of carrying. That has changed, and it is simply too big for me to carry. It has maybe 600 rounds, 3 mags, basic set up, no mods to it. I have the case, etc.

It is hard for me to justify having two Glocks, except if I keep the 22, then I could add one to my profile. You know, "Glocks owned: G22, 23.":cool:

Thanks for all your comments regarding this issue.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well you know that you are not going to get in trade what you paid for it. Thats just the way it works lol. I would get a figure in your head and if they can get close then do the trade. the 23 is a great size to do many things and the 9mm conversion is very reasonable in terms of money. I would want around $400 on a trade, then cut your losses and get what you want. Goodluck

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Around here they would offer closer to $325-$350 depending. I think you would be better off to get the 23 and sell the 22 yourself if that is a option for you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I also think you you be better off selling your G22 yourself.LE's can buy new 9mm and 40 Glocks for less than $400 here.For carry I think the G23 would be a good choice.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
If you must consolidate to 1 gun sell the G22 yourself to avoid taking a beating.

Personally, I would suggest you keeping it and then purchasing the G23 with conv bbl or just skip that mess and get a G19 to begin with. Having two guns makes sense. Having 20 guns makes sense. Having only 1 gun doesn't make any sense. lol.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
If you must consolidate to 1 gun sell the G22 yourself to avoid taking a beating.

Personally, I would suggest you keeping it and then purchasing the G23 with conv bbl or just skip that mess and get a G19 to begin with. Having two guns makes sense. Having 20 guns makes sense. Having only 1 gun doesn't make any sense. lol.
I like the way you think

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I like the way you think
I've found the only guns I regret getting rid of were ones I actually did like but sold only to fund something else I wanted at the moment. These guns end up getting bought again later when I have the funds available. In the end it's a loss for me as I could have just saved my pennies for a little while longer and bought the new one and kept the old one with taking a loss and dealing with the hassle of selling/re-purchasing/accessorising/testing/etc.

I will not hesitate to dump something I don't like, doesn't run well, doesn't fit my needs, etc. but no sense in selling just because of finances. Work it out, be patient, sell something from your garage you don't use, do something. Just don't sell guns you like just for money.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I'll agree with the rest. Sell it yourself IF you have to sell it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Having two guns makes sense. Having 20 guns makes sense. Having only 1 gun doesn't make any sense. lol.
Good advice.

Sell it yourself IF you have to sell it.
"Having to sell" I guess is subjective. When you know who finds out I HAVE another one.
I think I will regret it, unless I can end up with two. So, I should just keep the 22 and decide on a carry. As I mentioned, I do carry the 22 around my 7 acres (my wife LOL!). I just can't conceal it very well unless I am wearing a big coat or very over sized sweat shirt. Maybe I need to get a duster like my wife has.

I'll keep reading posts and eventually decide. I need to make it back to the gun shop to handle a few of these again.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Don makes a very good point. They are nice for cheaper plinking and mine has never failed but I wouldn't count on it when the chips are down.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just buy the gun. They're not expensive. Better to have two guns than one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.