Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can unarmed security guards with a state issued dcjs id purchase locks at the blue label price? My friends at work did but they have their dcjs armed certification. I ordered a blue label glock and the dealer said I just need to show my dcjs card at pickup but I forgot to ask because my card says unarmed. Thanks alot

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes, as long as you are state certified you qualify. Here is a list of all the professions they extend the discount to.

Sworn Law Enforcement Officers or Federal Agents, Retired Law Enforcement Officers or Retired Federal Agents with "retired" credentials,
Corrections Officers, including Parole & Probation Officers, State licensed Security Companies, State licensed Security Officers, Active Military,
National Guard, or Military Reserve personnel - all branches, Legitimately retired military veterans, with "retired" military I.D. Licensed Para-
Medics or EMTs, Fire Fighters (including volunteers) with appropriate I.D. All TSA employees, Commercial Pilot License holders, regardless of
class & Federal Flight Deck Officers, Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys, LE Academy or College students with proof
of enrollment in a Criminal Justice Program.

·
Registered
104 Posts
No problem. It doesn't say anything about armed vs. unarmed so I assume it's for either one. If anyone knows differently hopefully they will correct me. You could also try calling Glock. They should be able to tell you if it's only for armed, unarmed or both.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Its both, in NC armed security would be sworn LEO's. But certified security qualifies for standard blue label pricing, some private distributers will not order guns for un sworn people however, so there are differences. A blue label standard price for a sworn officer as ordered direct will be sig. cheaper than an off the shelf purchase from a gun shop. I had to by last week off the shelf because of time constraints and paid $60 more or so. FYI if you can order direct and wait on the gun you should come out cheaper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.