Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Confirmed scam - guess “verified member” is irrelevant now. Same pistol sold a few days ago Gen 1 Glock 17LP ported in box 17 L P LP DB prefix First Generation - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 895580904

A DBxxx series 17LP with box just listed on Gunbroker with a Buy Now of $2,300 - it's a great price but the seller doesn't have a rating yet. He has multiple guns listed but it's a tough call.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I wonder why no pics of the porting ?

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts

There's a picture of the porting in the string of images on the link... Didn't realize there was a 17LP version with a ported barrel.

My 17L is a Gen 3... It has the notched slide, but no barrel porting.

Reactions: Otintx

·
Super Moderator
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glock only made the 17LP for a short time. When they first released, the 17L was extremely popular with competition shooters - unfortunately they were trying to load 9mm to meet Major standards. The extreme rounds caused the ported barrels to crack and Glock eventually started only offering non-ported replacement barrels, they haven’t made a ported 17L since. This has contributed to the 1st Gen 17L with their original ported barrels to be very collectible.

Glock did continue to make the 24 with this same ported barrel design and eventually changed the 24 designation to compensated “24c” even though it uses this design and not the angled ports of the 17c, 22c etc. These can be found in Gen2 and Gen3 versions.

The actual owner/original seller of the gun advertised in this auction has confirmed the current auction is using his photos and is indeed a scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
I have a 17L and a 24... They are both Gen 3... Neither of them have the ported barrels...

Originally lots of Glock shooters shot the 17L in USPSA Production... This was back in the Dave Sevigny days... He cleaned up with the 17L and the USPSA finally outlawed the Glock 6 inch barrels from the Production division... That was the birth of the Glock 34 and 35 series.

Sucks that someone is scamming on a National level... Probably figured that he could swoop in and sell it quick (or actually not sell anything) and make a killing before anyone caught on... Glad they caught him!

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
There's a picture of the porting in the string of images on the link...

When I looked at it yesterday morning there were only 3 images on the scroll bar, now there are several, guess that was part of the scam ...

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
ummkay where is the hard delete post button ?

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
ok, thnkx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts