Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Breaking news in Ammo industry. We are already facing ammo shortage and now Russian ammo will not be available. How will this effect on sale & price.

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts
I’m not sure anyone knows yet. The ban says “new licenses.” If it doesn’t effect current then it could take a couple of years to have an impact.

Prices may jump in the short term based on speculation but until the departments who will enforce the order figure it out, everything will be speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
We knew from the start that the Biden Administration would be tough on gun owners. Those predictions have unfortunately become a reality

The U.S. Department of State announced that "New and pending permit applications for the permanent importation of firearms and ammunition manufactured or located in Russia will be subject to a policy of denial,".

By taking nearly half of the U.S. ammunition supply out of the equation, our government is tipping the ammunition market on its head. We can expect short supplies, high prices and limited selection for years to come.

·
Super Moderator
6,974 Posts
Terrible news... :mad:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I’m not sure anyone knows yet. The ban says “new licenses.” If it doesn’t effect current then it could take a couple of years to have an impact.

Prices may jump in the short term based on speculation but until the departments who will enforce the order figure it out, everything will be speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^^^^ Exactly. This only prevents issuance of a NEW license to sell Russian ammo or distribute to a new dealer for the sale of Russian ammo. Another gun law that has no useful purpose, as there are a million ways to circumvent this.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Terrible news... :mad:
I think the most important part of this is the "US bans RUSSIAN ammo"..the Russian part, not the ammo part. Putin is not our friend. He DID put bounties on US service members. Putin HAS engaged in proxy wars against the US for many years. PLUS russian ammo is dirty, junque, crap....Buy American or Finnish or whatever..screw putin and his ammo.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My only out of the country ammo manufactures are S&B for my 9mm firearms and Aguila for my .22 firearms. Their performance just seem to satisfy me the most. Except for my 9mm SD rds...I use Federal HST 147 gr for that.

·
Super Moderator
6,974 Posts
I think the most important part of this is the "US bans RUSSIAN ammo"..the Russian part, not the ammo part. Putin is not our friend. He DID put bounties on US service members. Putin HAS engaged in proxy wars against the US for many years. PLUS russian ammo is dirty, junque, crap....Buy American or Finnish or whatever..screw putin and his ammo.
I agree with everything you said... The part I don't like is that it is just another attempt to limit ammunition supply.

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I agree with everything you said... The part I don't like is that it is just another attempt to limit ammunition supply.
The government could, with the stroke of a pen, ban ANY ammo..they chose russian because it's RUSSIAN..Besides..ammo now at the 'big boys' is plentiful..has been for a couple/few weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts