Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think we have enough for a club, with my hand raised up, all you right handed left eye dominant, low left shooters, please raise your hands ...

:cool:
<raises hand>
It was your post in another thread that finally made me post that target pic. :D

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
take your stance, focus on the front site with both eyes open & have someone place a penny on-top of the front site.

squeeze (dry fire) the trigger without the penny falling off the front site...might take 5x but may take as many as 50.

this will steady your breathing & your trigger pull... accuracy & precision will follow.

from Max's Samsung G-Note
Not a bad idea...waiting now for the woman to get off work so we can go to the range. I will try that!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
THAT is some good shooting. Congratulations.

Chris
Thanks Colhand!
That means a lot. In the middle of a larger point you were making in another thread, you mentioned isolating your finger from your grip. I don't think I've made that a point of study enough, will add that to the list and see what happens. Thanks again!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I learned to shoot with both eyes open. I was taught that if you change which ever dominant eye you move the poi. Try it, close one eye while sighting yer unloaded gun. See what feels right, then try it with both eyes open. Then go shoot doing one eye, right and left, then both. I think you'll like it. I went to a combat shooting school 20+ years ago. I had the ONLY Glock in the school. I couldn't make my gun malfunction and do the tap, rack, shoot drill. I passed the course, but with alot of BS from the other guys. It was a blast. That's where I really learned to shoot, and it helped me when I joined the Army, Panama 1984 & 1985. I hope this gives you something else to consider. Diabloman

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm 61 retired from Army at 53 I had a crush injury on left wrist. I spent all my years LH shooter no problem. Now i'm getting pain and weakness in left wrist. I've had to switch to RH shot which has stabilized things working on tightening up groups from 6" getting better every trip. A lot of muscle memory to overcome from 26 years in military shooting bassakwards is an artform.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts