Glock.pro banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a kit in my Gen 2 17. Seems to be not going cycling . Drop the slide and it either fires or shows a firing mark off centered on the brass Doesnt cycle Does not eject. Have tried a 10,11,13,15 recoil spring and it still doesnt cycle if it fires the first round. Would a different striker spring be the fix? Or is there some thing else I need to check or replace. I can put the 9mm back and it fires and cycles.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
I am curious as to how the mag handles the TCM ammo.

Can you post an image of a loaded magazine, in particular the feed lips with a TCM engaged ?

I do not think ammo orientation/transition is the issue for you, (the sellers sites all say it uses the same mag), butt I am pretty sure the issue is not with a spring, something is causing the striker to be in the go bang position to cause a slam fire condition.

I did find this on one of the sites selling those kits : **Proper gunsmith fitting required for accurate fit & safe function**

And this : **Nickel cased ammunition is suggested for enhanced reliability. Minor gunsmithing may be required**

One more : **Minor gunsmithing is required for proper installation**

Also have you tried the 9R ammo ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am using the 9r ammo What type of gunsmith fitting would keep it from not going into full battery?

I can rack this 17 with the TCM 9r ammo by hand and it will feed and eject every round. This would lead me to believe that its not magazine related, but something else. Just what it is, is what's bothering me. So maybe the slide's not going back far enough when it fires the first round?.

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
I am using the 9r ammo What type of gunsmith fitting would keep it from not going into full battery?

I can rack this 17 with the TCM 9r ammo by hand and it will feed and eject every round. This would lead me to believe that its not magazine related, but something else. Just what it is, is what's bothering me. So maybe the slide's not going back far enough when it fires the first round?.
Sounds like it's time to call Rock Island Armory and ask them for help.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Well now I know how it's going. Sorry it's not going well for you.

Are there any wear marks on the new barrel?

Gaz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None that I can see. Nothing out of ordinary. I fell like its a recoil spring and maybe a load problem. I am loading 10grs. of H110 with a RIA 39 gr bullet and OAL of 160-150 As soon as weather breaks I will try a little hotter load. Also have some lil gun to try.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Drop the slide and it either fires or shows a firing mark off centered on the brass

Doesnt cycle Does not eject.

Have tried a 10,11,13,15 recoil spring and it still doesnt cycle if it fires the first round.

I can put the 9mm back and it fires and cycles.
try a little hotter load
I just do not see a spring issue here.

I do see a potential not properly fit barrel issue.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Is there any way to check for that?
How often has it operated properly?
I believe you posted it works with the stock barrel after reassembly.
Also jb's suggestion to contact Rock Island should be followed.

Gaz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts