·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,974 Posts
Interesting... Let us know how you like it...

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts
I'm not sure I like the idea of using a loaded firearm to find my way to the bathroom. I do want lights on my bedside table gun and that looks like a good solution for the 43x. I just keep a flashlight by the bed too for when I need to see but don't want to shoot something below my hand but above the toilet. ;)

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
don't want to shoot something below my hand but above the toilet.
A whole new level of AD discussion !

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure I like the idea of using a loaded firearm to find my way to the bathroom. I do want lights on my bedside table gun and that looks like a good solution for the 43x. I just keep a flashlight by the bed too for when I need to see but don't want to shoot something below my hand but above the toilet. ;)
OK, I can understand how my post was not understood as I intended it. My fault. I did not mean to imply I would use my gun as a flashlight. I do have a small flashlight on the night stand. I do not need one to locate the bathroom. I mean if the power is off and I think there is someone in the house and I need to get out of bed.....I want to have a light on my gun to identify a target if needed. I do not want to hear a noise and shoot at it, but I do not want to wait till an intruder is at my bedroom doorway either. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

·
Registered
89 Posts
OH..you have not seen the crap(nicnacs,soap,"the good towels")just sitting on the tank seeing that stuff and having a gun In my hand..may be too great a temptation for me.;)

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts
OK, I can understand how my post was not understood as I intended it. My fault. I did not mean to imply I would use my gun as a flashlight. I do have a small flashlight on the night stand. I do not need one to locate the bathroom. I mean if the power is off and I think there is someone in the house and I need to get out of bed.....I want to have a light on my gun to identify a target if needed. I do not want to hear a noise and shoot at it, but I do not want to wait till an intruder is at my bedroom doorway either. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
No apologies! This is more fun!

BTW - I saw the stream light TLR6 can attach without an rail. Only 100 lumens but in a dark house it'll easily get the job done.

Looks like Surefire's slimline solution requires the 43x MOS. But I think it should work on that rail attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought about the Stream light TLR6, but then it would not be transferable to any other firearm. Getting a universal light/laser for most of my firearms seems like a better idea to me. Any one I get will take a little time ....have to reload my piggy bank. Once again I have expended my monthly gun allowance $$ early in the month on various items here and there.

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts
I thought about the Stream light TLR6, but then it would not be transferable to any other firearm. Getting a universal light/laser for most of my firearms seems like a better idea to me. Any one I get will take a little time ....have to reload my piggy bank. Once again I have expended my monthly gun allowance $$ early in the month on various items here and there.
I rented a backhoe to dig the hole my gun allowance has to get itself out of from this month. :p

You might want to look at holsters before picking a light - they can blow a budget too if you have to get one custom made.

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts
LOL. I think if everyone emptied their holster drawers the entire industry would collapse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
Yep...that is what I need more holsters!!!
I have more holsters than some women have handbags and shoes ! ! !

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would never have bet 3 guns would fit the same shell....not just fit, but fit near perfectly. After I installed the Recovery rail on my Glock 43x, my holsters no longer fit because the rail increases the width of the frame. I was wearing my AlienGear 2.0 with my Springfield XDe today....which also holds my Taurus G2c like it was made for it, and for the heck of it tried the 43x in it.....now talk about a surprise......great retention, withdrawl from the holster...like the G2c, the 43x fits like a glove.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I finally decided to buy a cheap light just to put on the 43x at night...Rather impressed me for $25. Bright, good fit on the Recovery rail and the strobe is very good.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts