Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as the ambi-safety fell out of my G21SF, I packed it up. I talked with Technical Services and they said "send it in". They replaced the entire pistol, not just the frame, and I am very pleased with that. It appears that Glock customer service is excellent to work with. The whole process took about 3 weeks because Smyrna has to wait for an "extra" gun to come in as a replacement. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

I'll post again tomorrow after FedEx arrives..

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, my G21SF arrived as promised.

It's a brand new Austrian, 5.5 trigger, single mag release, standard Glock rail, G21SF. The pistol I sent back had a Glock 3.5 connector in it and I didn't feel like switching it out before I sent it back. Guess what? Glock included my 3.5 connector in the package. I don't know what other people have experienced with Glock's Customer Service, but they certainly have my support.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I am really surprised you got your connector back. That's a small detail I would have never guessed them to catch. They have always been great to me .... except the lame parts order filling. Gaston has built a fantastic machine.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Glad you got such good service...

Did they ship it to your house? Are you a FFL?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Yes, us non FFL holders can ship direct to the manufacturer and then directly back to us.
True. However, they replaced the pistol. Unless it was issued the same SN they you did not get a "repair" ... you got a "replacement". I would have expected that to require a FFL to receive. I could be wrong but that was my understanding.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
They shipped directly to me. It is considered as a repair. A dealer isn't necessary.
my local gunshop said they know beretta's done this for two of their customers as well. beretta sent these two customers new serial numbered replacement directly to their homes. they also said as far as they know it's not legal, as the customer now has an unregistered pistol with a new serial number. so i think they're correct.

any new serial number requires an FFL transfer. this shop has done tons of warranty replacement ffl transfers for customers over the years (including from glock).

glock used to replace frames with one that had the same serial number with the addition of a "-1" at the end so it (mostly) matched the barrel and slide, and these still required an FFL transfer because of the "-1".

you wouldn't think the gun companies would put themselves at risk, but as busy as they are, you have to expect a mistake now and then.

you might want to register that new SF with your state to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No "registration" is required. I'm sure that Glock follows every law to the letter. I'm not concerned.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
No "registration" is required. I'm sure that Glock follows every law to the letter. I'm not concerned.
I wouldn't be concerned either. It sure saves having to deal with the FFL and fill out another 4473 and possibly pay a Xfer fee. I'm curious though ... does it have the same SN as the one you sent back? Surely it doesn't. I know they "can" do that but don't think they do it all the time and probably with that fast of a turn around time.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The serial number is entirely different than the G21 I sent in.

For anyone else that experiences the ambi-safety problem, Glock first suggested that they would "repair" my gun with a new frame. I insisted on an entire new G21SF with matching numbers. If you don't specify what you want, I believe you would just get a new frame with your old slide, etc.

Glock's representative didn't argue the point and the whole transaction was extremely smooth. The only hitch to getting a whole new gun is having to wait for an order to come from Austria with surplus pistols (or so they said). I think the whole process was less than 4 weeks and I'm very satisfied.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Im glad I directly asked for a replacement or a different model in my letter. I made it crystal clear that I dont trust this 30sf and I even wrote, "...as for this 30sf, you guys can keep it."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.