Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my duracoat today. Titanium. Took my slide down to the gunsmith at the local shop to remove my sights for me, since I don't have a pusher. He charged me $25 to remove them, and will put them back on when it's done for free. He also removed the rear slide plate for me. This let me soak the internals in gun cleaner, and get em scrubbed up while it's apart.

Here's a pic of the before, after I took sandpaper to it.

Here's my setup -

And here's what I got so far -

After I get 'er done, I'll post up some more pics.

LC

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the finished product. The only thing I need to do is get the gunsmith to tighten down the front sight. My socket is too big to get around the nut. I re-installed the rear sights myself, after watching him take them off. No sight pusher needed. Just a small hammer, and the Glock disassembly tool used as a punch. I had no clue it was so easy to detail strip the slide, until I watched the You-Tube video. Wow!

My camera is awesome, but my lighting and photo-fu stinks. I'll have to break the light box out and take some better pictures some time.

Hope you enjoy. I have to touch up my rear sight where it got scratched a little bit. I may just get new ones though, as they're about at their 10 year lifespan. There's only one small spot that didn't quite sand out right, on the left side of the slide. That should blend in with holster wear.

I really liked this duracoat product. Came out exactly like I wanted it to. Now to decide if I want to do my HK USP-C in stainless or not. The only bad thing about this stuff is I want to buy more guns to tinker with. Still trying to decide if I want to do the 27 to match the 23. I was thinking about doing the frame of my HK in desert sand, leaving the pins, trigger, and slide black. Then putting some grip-tape on there. Not sure yet though.

LC

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Nice job and thanks for the photos. If you deal with your local gunsmith alot it seems 25 bucks to remove sights was pretty expensive. I know he had to pay for tools and overhead but still you could of pulled them out with pliers and replaced with new alot cheaper.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, looking awesome!, if I mail you mine, can you do the same for my G17? lol
Hahaha...thanks. It's actually quite simple. I've been doing model cars for years, and even some 1:1 spray work, and I've never seen anything spray as easily as this stuff did. It went on very smooth. As long as you can take your sights off, and detail strip the slide, mask off the breechface, and firing pin channel, the rest is EASY!

LC

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Looks sweet, nice job bud.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Don't know how I missed this thread. Great job my friend!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.