Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the Raven holsters. Specifically I am interested in the Phantom LC.

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/products/holsters.html

One of my biggest questions is while I understand that with an additional piece purchased, it can be warn IWB. I'd like to know how it attaches to the belt for OWB carry.

Of course anyone that has personally owned one, I'd appreciate any reviews. Thanks

·
None
1,525 Posts
I can't recall ever seeing a negative review of them. I have seen many glowing reviews.

I don't have any first hand experience, but I want to rectify that soon. I'm thinking I will do a modular holster with the snap loop attachments.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see a ton of pics but nothing on how it attaches to a belt for OWB. :(

·
None
1,525 Posts
I see a ton of pics but nothing on how it attaches to a belt for OWB. :(
They have multiple attachment systems, but the most common seem to be regular belt attachments for OWB carry. I have never been able to find any information on their paddle attachment.

The modular holster allows for switching attachments even changing from OWB to IWB easily.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been there, and on their other website as well as their Facebook page. Still not bee =n able to see any pics of anything except the IWB attachment options.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well there seems to be only two options for OWB there, luckily, on of which is the one option I am looking for. Outside snaps for quick on and off of an OWB holster. They are an extra $25.00 though! :(

·
None
1,525 Posts
Well there seems to be only two options for OWB there, luckily, on of which is the one option I am looking for. Outside snaps for quick on and off of an OWB holster. They are an extra $25.00 though! :(
I'm pretty sure there is another type of belt attachment that comes standard, but I can't find pictures of it at the moment. They are loops that go in straight off of the rear of the holster and not out to the side like the pancake loops.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Have a a lot of experience and actually just got back from spending some time with the Raven crew and seeing the new shop. Raven is top notch and has the best customer service of anyone in the industry.

They have life time unconditional warranties should anything break. Id recommend them to anyone. There gear is some of the most comfortable and easily concealed gear on the market.

Ran everything from holsters to pistol and AR mag carriers, knife sheaths ect.

After all there is a reason that they have a longer wait..cause its worth it!

·
Registered
551 Posts
yeah alot has changed with the hardware. the screw heads are now on the outside.

they will be rolling out some new stuff here in a few thats going to solidify their place at the top. good bunch of guys. The best thing about them is they use their gear. I've trained with the owners, director of sales all the way down to line guys in many classes and their shooters. Its good to see them out using their product and testing it hard.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
While I have no question on their holsters being top notch, I question those belt loops that mount directly behind the holster. .I just can't see how that could pull the holster in tight. I wish I had something to actually put my hands on and try but at least with this holster system, if I get the loops and don't like it, I can try another mounting method instead of being stuck with a holster I'm not happy with.

Keith D - what is your preferred method of wearing one of their holsters?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Why didn't you two just call me about this? I saw you both "liked" them on FB within minutes of me doing so the other night. lol.

Weems ... you have seen one in person. I was wearing one on one of our ARC trips. It was borrowed from NTA (whom you met at the last IDPA match).

Here's what I know about them. I was initially not overly impressed with what I saw. I liked the look, how snug they seemed to hold the pistol to the body, and how compact the holster design was to aid in concealing while wearing OWB. However, the only one I had seen in person was NTA's. I saw it in class. My issue was the kydex was a bit thin and was susceptible to being chewed up if you used the holster to rack your slide. [Notable: They are now using thicker kydex than was used when this particular holster was made.] The retention was also not very secure IMO. The pistol seemed to come in/out way too easily. I was used to the Comp-Tac "snap".

Eventually I borrowed NTA's holster to try out and loved how it wore/carried. I loved the hight, size, thinness, etc. I just felt it did NOT provide enough retention and wrote off ordering one. In the meantime I had sent a e-mail to Raven asking questions about the retention and the Director of Sales, Tom Fineis, was extremely helpful. He spent a lot of time chatting with me about design philosophy, his experience with the products before working for them, etc. He even offered to look at the one I had borrowed and see if it was within spec. I sent it in and Tom and within a week or two NTA had a BRAND NEW replacement holster in his hands. The retention is nice and snug and it is made with the thicker kydex they have switched to. How's that for customer service?

Long story shortened a bit ... I have one on order right now and hope to have it within the next few weeks. I have been waiting for a LONG time but expect it will be worth it.

TheLaw ... the one I tried used regular tunnel type belt loops to attach to the belt. There are other types of attachments. I didn't realize they had snap loops so I will probably look into getting a set of those too. If you want to wait a little longer I should have mine before too long and you can try it out before ordering. Mine is for a G19.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The belt loops work as described. The Holster rides tight to the body with no problems. There is some new stuff coming real soon that will actually improve it also.

I Carry every day in a RCS Light Compatible Phantom. But am currently thinking about switching to their ACR (appendix Carry Rig). There is no holster out there more comfortable to wear appendix than their ACR.

VOLGRAD:

Tom is a great guy and a personal friend of mine. He will do EVERYTHING in his power to make things right should anything go wrong. And yes the thicker kydex they are using is holding up alot better.

great company and a great bunch of guys.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.