Glock Pro Forums banner

Range issues

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  SCmasterblaster 
#1 ·
Need help advice , When at the range with my G26 or G23 and even my M&P shield I am hitting high and left of the bullseye if I aim low right of the bullseye I am dead on when I shoot my wife's SR22 I hit fine. What am I doing wrong ? Don't want to ask the know it alls at the range .

Thanks Mike,

#4 ·
We all start at the same place... Practice is fun and will cure what ails you! Check out this chart, it offers suggestions on common mistakes.

Font Line Circle Parallel Symmetry

It's easier to shoot .22 as there is almost no recoil and less noise.

Reactions: MtStream
#5 ·
I've found that when trying to determine gun or shooter it helps to load fewer bullets into the magazine. I think it's natural for us to mentally focus on shooting the magazine rather than focus on one perfect shot. Try just loading only two rounds and focusing on making one perfect shot.

Bringing the target in closer like G3 suggested is also good. At the recommendation of a much better marksman that me, I recently began starting my practice at 3yrds. I load 3 rounds into a few mags and shoot at 1" dots. The focus is to hit the dot with the first round, then put the remaining two rounds on top of the first. It's definitely not a speed/self defense drill but meant to develop correct muscle memory with the grip/trigger - it's challenging too.

By shooting fewer rounds this close of a distance, I get quicker feedback on changes. What happens when I place my finger differently on the trigger? Three very focused rounds tells me. What happens if I focus more on weak hand grip? I learned that was one of my weaknesses when the group tightened up significantly. I haven't mastered anything, this is just where I'm personally at in my learning process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.