Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at WalMart today and they had two boxes of Winchester NATO 124 gr. 9mm at $12 / box. . .it seemed like a good deal, so I grabbed 'em.

My question is, will this stuff run OK in my G27 with a 9mm conversion barrel (Storm Lake)? After I got home with it, I noticed on the labeling on the back that it's loaded 10% higher than industry standard pressure.

My gut feeling tells me that the (Storm Lake) barrel and the Glock 27 will handle this NATO stuff without any problems. I've been shooting 115 gr. WWB and Federal without any problems-will I notice any increase in recoil over these? Would this invalidate my Glock warranty?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies guys! The labeling states 10% over standard. . .according to Don Glock's info, standard is 35001 psi. . .add 10% and you're in +P territory at 38500 psi. So these (if you can believe the labeling) are loaded higher than the SAAMI pressure limit for NATO (36550)?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies guys! The labeling states 10% over standard. . .according to Don Glock's info, standard is 35001 psi. . .add 10% and you're in +P territory at 38500 psi. So these (if you can believe the labeling) are loaded higher than the SAAMI pressure limit for NATO (36550)?
correct. NATO standard for 9mm is the european standrad, and that's a little hotter than american fmj, but not as hot as +p. you can shoot it all day long in your gun :)

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
It will be fine... I've put over 1000 rounds of Ranger NATO 124 +p through my G17. I love the stuff!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great. . .hope to try it out tomorrow. . .I also hope Walmart keeps stocking it! Thanks again for the info. . .
My Walmart had it once and then never again. I just bought 1,000 rds from Ammoman for just a little bit more per box than WM and it was delivered to my door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.