Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what I have to be honest. Let me restate that a long time ago I bought a Glock 22 Gen 2 with a nickel boron slide and barrel, night sights, additional ported bar sto barrel, both barrels and slide and frame are all matching serial numbers along with a 10 round and a 15 round mags. With the Bar sto barrel having the identical serial numbers does that mean this came direct from the factory as a sport set-up? how much is this set-up worth nowadays if I try to get rid of it?
Trying to get any history or additional models numbers or letter would be a huge help. Could it be the Glock 22c with nickel boron slide and then what is the other glock barrel that has serial number on it as well?
Thanks in advance.
-Robb

Attachments

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Welcome to Glock.Pro... Looks to me (hard to "really" see due to pic) that it's a G22 that has had the slide polished and has a stock Glock barrel and a ported Bar-Sto barrel that has been polished as well. The Bar-Sto barrel is an aftermarket part, Glock manufactures their own ported barrels.

The nickel boron coated slides are a dull silver looking finish.... I've never seen a factory highly polished Glock slide. All Glock slides are steel with a coating. Any Glock slide can be polished to a mirror finish but it's usually not recommended as the glare can be distracting when shooting.

The extra barrel possibly adds $80 or so, but the polished slide makes estimates difficult.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are a few more Pictures.

I also called glock and found that the pistol was manufactured in July of 1990 right around when they first started coming out of production.

The slide was def. coated due to a little bit of flaking of the coating in the inside where the chamber goes under the slide. The top of the slide is a dull finish while the sides are highly polished.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,293 Posts
Putting a value on this is really hard because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Normally, any customizing of the frame or slide decreases the value. Customization is, well . . . customized. That alone reduces the size of the market for the gun - someone has to want the specific customization you have. That said, if you find that person who wants a Glock that looks exactly like this one, they will pay a premium to get it. What that premium is, we can only guess. But everyone else will want a good deal if their going to buy a gun that isn't exactly what they would have done.

I buy guns with original finish, so even though this looks good and prob has a lot of work in it, I'd price it the same as a gun with the finish worn off - $300 range. Obviously, I'm not the guy you want to try and sell this too.

If someone wants that look on the slide . . . $450ish.

If someone wants that slide and wants a Gen2 and likes the aftermarket grip - maybe $500

I think that above $500 and they'll consider buying their own gun and paying for the work to the slide themselves. Especially if they want something tweaked a little differently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.