Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a parts kit from lone wolf to finish a G19 OEM frame. Should have gone with Glock OEM, or anyone else. Locking block didn't like up with the pin holes, and their trigger parts were non-functional. They refused to offer me any sort of solution other than pulling out all the parts out of the frame, including the functional ones, and sending everything back since it was a "kit". Not interested in wasting any more time or money on them, so I'll just chalk it up as a loss. It seems like they throw their low quality parts into kits and then only accept any sort of returns if you are willing to waste more of your time/money sending the whole thing back, knowing that most people like me aren't going to waste the time and effort on that. Now I'm 2 weeks behind, and an extra 50 bucks over budget. All of this is my personal opinion based on my experience. Customer service policies are as bad as their low quality off-spec parts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
Not wanting to get into the L/W parts issue I will comment on the parts "kit" issue.

I do alot of online business and it is not only L/W who uses this policy, if something is wrong in a "kit" purchase the entire kit must be returned for an adjustment, this seems to be protocol across the board in my experience.

Seems it would not have been that difficult to take it back apart and comply with their request, I can disassemble my 17 to a blank frame in less than 10 minutes, as should anyone who is capable of assembling/building a Glock.

I would ask them for a second chance to make things right ....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya. At the time I emailed them, I had already placed another order with them to replace the malfunctioning components. To pull back out the functional parts might not take more than 10 minutes, but I was hoping they would be willing to work with a customer, like most reasonable companies are these days. So to send back their "kit" I would have to make a third purchase of more parts, again. And there goes another week, more cash out the door, again. All while I pay more money out of pocket to ship the parts back and wait to see if they decide to refund me (and since they are trying to claim in their email that I "modified" their parts by trying to make their bent connector function, who knows if they will even refund me anyway). It's all a matter of opinion I suppose, but I'm not interested in jumping through the hoops.

Last month I ordered some pistol magazines from PSA. They shipped me the wrong products. I emailed them asking what we could do, and the only question they asked me is if I wanted the correct replacement magazines sent to the same address. That simple.

My overall point being, there are way too many good 2A companies out there that back up their products with no hassle customer service. No reason for me to give chance #2, #3 etc., to the ones that won't.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not wanting to get into the L/W parts issue I will comment on the parts "kit" issue.

I do alot of online business and it is not only L/W who uses this policy, if something is wrong in a "kit" purchase the entire kit must be returned for an adjustment, this seems to be protocol across the board in my experience.

Seems it would not have been that difficult to take it back apart and comply with their request, I can disassemble my 17 to a blank frame in less than 10 minutes, as should anyone who is capable of assembling/building a Glock.

I would ask them for a second chance to make things right ....
I agree and would be very hesitant to warn against doing business with a company over such a matter especially if a single instance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm fine with my opinion being the unpopular one. I guess I just have little tolerance for companies that have poor products and customer service. With too many good companies out there, I just can't justify bending over backwards and going out of my way to do business with any company that won't. FWIW, I've also been buying in the firearms industry for the better part of 20 years, and this is the first time I have ever posted a negative experience I had with a 2A company, EVER. I read several online reviews of LWD before placing an order that read pretty similar to mine. I ordered anyway, giving them the benefit of the doubt. Once bitten, twice scorned?

All of those parts have a retail value. They could very easily have refunded me the price difference between the "kit" price, and the value of the parts that I kept, and mail back the non-functional parts. They could have very easily done....lots of things. They would rather hide behind company policies, that they create, as a way to justify keeping money they certainly didn't earn. But again, this is all just my opinion based on my individual experience. Anyone is free to spend their money wherever they want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts