Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased my first Glock, a Gen4 G27 about 5 days ago and after correcting a improperly installed slide release spring :)mad:) I'm loving it... By far one of the most accurate handguns I own... Pics of the collection to follow soon

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
Purchased my first Glock, a Gen4 G27 about 5 days ago and after correcting a improperly installed slide release spring :)mad:) I'm loving it... By far one of the most accurate handguns I own... Pics of the collection to follow soon
Welcome to the Glock.pro forums!

Congrats on the new baby glock! Glad you got everything straightened out... I'll bet it's a blast to shoot...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome.... I'm definitely loving the 27, it took me long enough to get on the Glock bandwagon but I think I like the trigger pull better than any other handgun I've fired

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
congrats, sweet shooter for sure :)

how was the slide release spring installed? did it come from the factory like that?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Congrats on the G27, and welcome to Glock.Pro.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Congrats on the new shooter and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks to everyone for all the welcomes...
@ Don Glock, Where the spring should be wrapped directly around the front of the lever assembly in a straight line it was diagonal around it so there was pratically no downward tension against the slide release lever. The recoil was enough to cause the slide release lever to rise just enough so that 8 times out of 10 it would catch just like the mag was empty. I assume it was from the factory as I bought it brand new from a reputable dealer... Once I was able to strip down a couple co-workers gen3 27's it was an easy find and fix though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.