Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't see posted content in the forums. I click on the particular thread and it leads to the thread but there's no content. The headers appear but no part of the posted body appears.

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
I'm not seeing that issue but it's almost an hour after you made the post so maybe it's been fixed?

·
Administrator
6,979 Posts
I'm still seeing it...

The header shows up and then the posts in that thread filter in very slowly... It's like the server is busy doing something else... I hope those goons that are trying to DOS attack the servers that kicked wikileaks off aren't attacking the Glock.pro server... :(

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
I'm still not having the issue. One thing I did do recently was update my router and lowered the MTU setting. It wasa a suggestion I found online due to an issue I was having. On most websites, I would click on a link to open a page and it would just sit there. Generally, if I clicked on the link a second time, the page would almost immediately open. Since lowering the MTU setting from 1500 to 1400, I've had great results surfing the web. I was getting upset since I pay for the highest speed available in my area and I was getting worse than dial-up speed results. :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eventually, the view opens, but it is very slow. I wasn't waiting long enough before. I am not experiencing this on Glocktalk, or Warriortalk, or eBay for that matter. It seems to be locallized here.

·
Administrator
6,979 Posts
Interesting... 1500 is pretty much the standard...

Glock.pro is the only site running slow for me... Think I'll just wait and see how things run tomorrow...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Glock pro has always run slow for me. Like a lot of others i pay for the highest speed there is but still slow.This is why i dont go ( Premium Member ) and why im not always around .I just dont have the time to wait for the pages to load.
Other gun forums i go to it takes 2 to 3 sec. at the most and thats with pics posted in the threads.
Maybe rob can fix it.:)

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
Hopefully we can get some more members to weigh in here. I'm just not seeing the delay that you guys appear to have seen.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
I haven't experienced any slowness but ill keep an eye on the server load. Most likely I'll be moving it to a new server soon anyway at the hosting company I work for..

Rob

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I was having that problem last night, but not this morning. I normally don't have an issue with glock.pro, but I am traveling and using different internet access than usual. But, all is fine this morning...

·
Administrator
6,979 Posts
I haven't experienced any slowness but ill keep an eye on the server load. Most likely I'll be moving it to a new server soon anyway at the hosting company I work for..

Rob

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Excellent! Glad to hear that the new job is working out...

Everything seems to be working fine today... That's the first time I ever had any trouble... I still wouldn't be surprised to find out that all the DOS attacks were hurting some of us... I use RoadRunner (10Mb/s)... Somebody's always wanting to zap RoadRunner for something...

Anyway, all seems good tonight...

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm still having issues where some part of threads won't load. IE,a 3 page thread may let me click to all 3 pages... Some others, if I click on 2nd 3rd, last etc, will take me take to the portal list.

This doesn't happen with all threads, but it's consistent on the threads I have the problem with.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'm still having issues where some part of threads won't load. IE,a 3 page thread may let me click to all 3 pages... Some others, if I click on 2nd 3rd, last etc, will take me take to the portal list.

This doesn't happen with all threads, but it's consistent on the threads I have the problem with.
yeah this site does load slow relative to others that i frequent.

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
Could this be a browser issue maybe? I use Firefox and I still haven't had any of the issues your guys are mentioning. I am on a different times of the day, for varying amounts of time. Early morning, lunch, afternoon into late night.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Could this be a browser issue maybe? I use Firefox and I still haven't had any of the issues your guys are mentioning. I am on a different times of the day, for varying amounts of time. Early morning, lunch, afternoon into late night.
I believe if this were a browser specific issue( or machine ) it would be common to all similar threads. I also use firefox (on Linux).
This issue only started for me after the upgrade. I haven't mentioned it since because I was hoping it might "work itself out". The problem I am seeing is only on certain threads. Not a lag issue, though I see little bits of that here and there...not significant in the overall picture, at least from my end.

I'm having issues, again just on certain threads, when I click to the next page it takes me right back to the portal menu rather than the "next page". There are some (only some) threads I can't read past the first page. I will start documenting details for you.

Thanks!

GN

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
I believe if this were a browser specific issue( or machine ) it would be common to all similar threads. I also use firefox (on Linux).
This issue only started for me after the upgrade. I haven't mentioned it since because I was hoping it might "work itself out". The problem I am seeing is only on certain threads. Not a lag issue, though I see little bits of that here and there...not significant in the overall picture, at least from my end.

I'm having issues, again just on certain threads, when I click to the next page it takes me right back to the portal menu rather than the "next page". There are some (only some) threads I can't read past the first page. I will start documenting details for you.

Thanks!

GN
Could it be an issue where your login has timed out while reviewing the thread and when you click on the next page, or new post, it takes you back to the main forum page?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.