Glock Pro Forums banner

Pro Mags, any thought?

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  SCmasterblaster 
#1 ·
I have been searching for spare magazines for my 3913. I found some factory ones but, they are priced at $36 a piece. Not that bad but what else is there?
On the side of this forum I saw an ad for gun magazines for sale. WTH, so I clicked on it. They have 3913 magazines for a lot cheaper. The magazine maker is Pro Mags. Simple 8 round ss magazines. I have never used one or really heard of them. Does anyone have any experience with Pro Mags? Good or bad, it doesn't matter. I'd just like to save a bit of money if I could.
Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Just saw the ad. Gunmagwarehouse.com
It's a sponsor so I would hope they would have a decent product.

#3 ·
I had a Pro Mag for my AR before. It was less than reliable. Ended up using it as a guinea pig for stippling and painting. I stick to PMags and HexMags for my AR's. No experience with any of their other products.

#4 ·
I had a couple for Glock that eventually went into the trash. My impression of them was they can work fine for certain models but at the end of the day you get what you pay for. It would be worth researching their reputation specifically for the pistol your considering.

#5 ·
Thanks guys. I did a little Google search and reviews are spotty. Some work, some don't. Some say buy them, replace the springs and file the burrs off the followers.
I think I'll spend the extra and buy factory. Thanks again.

#6 ·
I have a couple for my Ruger 9mm and they seem to work ok.

Course it is a Ruger, everything works with it !

#7 ·
Decided on 2 factory magazines from a reputable manufacturer as opposed to Pro Mags. I read a lot of reviews that weren't to good and this pistol will be for concealed carry so I want something I know will work.
Magazines should be here next week hopefully.

#8 ·
Good decision Jman, I will not say they are not good mags, but, I would be hesitant in using one for anything other than range time.

#12 ·
$36 a piece and I got two of them. One 8 round magazine was not going to cut it. I have 3 fully loaded for concealed carry now.
:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.