Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, 22 yrs old just graduated from the police academy and finally have the money to invest in my first piece. Im stuck between the glock 19 and glock 23 both gen 4's. Ive shot both of them and really like both and more importantly shoot them each pretty well. Only question if i decide on the 19 gen 4 should i get the newer 0-4 spring? Ive been going back and forth between the two for months and now its time to make a purchase, just looking for some advice...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I recently sold my Gen 3 23 and purchased a Gen 4 19. Nothing wrong with the 23, I just wanted a change and 9mm ammo is much cheaper here in Albuquerque. Hopefully if you got the Gen 4 19, it would have the 0-4 spring already, Glock is supposedly putting them in the Gen 4's now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
G19 is the way to go!! Congrats on graduating from the academy too.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I don't participate in caliber debates myself. But, I have a G4 G19 with the 03 spring in it and have had no problems at all with it in that configuration. I would try it the way it came and fix it only if it needed to be fixed if I were you. When I ordered a 02 spring for my G4 G17 I had it in hand about 2-3 days later. It was a necessary fix that has worked very well for low pressure re-loads.

Give it a try as is and fix only what needs fixed. Good luck with which ever gun you choose

·
Registered
59 Posts
If your going to be a police officer i would go with a 23 most the cops around carry glock 22 it would get u use to the .40 plus ammo is not that much more expensive both are great guns u cant go wrong with either.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
If your going to be a police officer i would go with a 23 most the cops around carry glock 22 it would get u use to the .40 plus ammo is not that much more expensive both are great guns u cant go wrong with either.
Most LEOs are issued weapons now.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks fellas for all the advice, appreciate it! Im set on the 19. Ive taken a tests for a couple different departments now and am just waiting for interviews (the tests were kinda a joke) but i asked a cple of the uniformed officers and they said they all carry either 9 mil or 40, then theres the old school donut eating cops with the revolvers haha but thanks for the help dudes!

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Thanks fellas for all the advice, appreciate it! Im set on the 19. Ive taken a tests for a couple different departments now and am just waiting for interviews (the tests were kinda a joke) but i asked a cple of the uniformed officers and they said they all carry either 9 mil or 40, then theres the old school donut eating cops with the revolvers haha but thanks for the help dudes!
One of the greatest Sheriffs in the state of GA carries a revolver.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been "on the job" for a while now. I would feel perfectly well armed with a revolver. In fact, I actually have plans to start carrying one.
Now there's some words I just never thought I'd hear you say! Color me shocked!!

·
None
1,525 Posts
Now there's some words I just never thought I'd hear you say! Color me shocked!!
Why is that? I have always been a fan of revolvers. I also approved the carrying of lever action rifles as patrol rifles. I've got a 586 that I plan on running, but I also have a sweet S&W 25-5 in .45 Colt that will see some time as well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.