Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So back into competition shooting even though it's a small group of guys. There are more people involved than there was a few years ago but still, a group of 12 people including me.
I did the bowling pin shoot in Michigan and I loved it but this is different. Drawing, strong hand, weak hand and some other things.
Now to the the pistol. I ordered 2 extra magazines for a total of 4 so I was covered there. I have to say that the pistol performed like a champ. I placed 2nd behind a person with a Ruger .22 pistol. No jams, cycled flawlessly and just overall excellent.
After the match, we all meet in the back room to talk, maybe eat and have something to drink. Everyone wanted to fondle the 1911 and try the trigger. :D
So I have my Thursday nights planned out and now I'm kinda itchy for something else to shoot PPC with. Hmmmm

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
There is an ad in March Shooting Times that show a couple of really nice looking DW models.

Glad to hear the quality is still with them.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear the quality is still with them.
It locks up tight OT. Granted, it only has about 500 rounds through it but still nice.
I cleaned it last night after I got home and the grease squirts out the back of the slide like crazy when you cycle it.
On a related note, the FO front sight and black rear was on target as soon as the timer went off. I have always loved 1911's and they point naturally for me.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Winner winner chicken dinner! One shot out (the one in the 9 ring) so I won. Total pot was $40 which was nice.
Course of fire was from 20' to 50' with freestyle (2 hand), strong hand and weak hand shooting. Have to say that the more I shoot the DW, the more I love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great shooting Joatmon!

Sent from mTalk
Thanks Mt. I think I may try it next time with a pistol I carry regularly. I've done that before just to gain some more experience and done pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts