Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day - New member here, so apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section. I was hoping someone could shed some light on the legality of using a "homemade/ghost gun" for self defense. I have a Gen 3 Glock 17 that was purchased a few years ago through an FFL. I recently purchased a Polymer 80, PF940V2 frame (80%) to put on my G17 - I chose to get an 80% because 1, it was cheap, and 2, I didn't want to have to pay $30 for a transfer. I wanted to see if anyone could shed light on the legality of carrying and in the event that such a sidearm with a "ghost" frame with a non-serialized, 80% frame was used in a self defense situation. Also want to point out that I have the OEM slide and other OEM internals that are serialized. I live in Colorado and have been unable to find anything online. I've reached out to my local Sheriff but haven't received any response.

Kind regards

·
Super Moderator
6,974 Posts
No idea on the legality...

I wouldn't do this either.

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
Not sure of the legality aspect but common knowledge dictates that any firearm with no serial number is going to raise all sorts of questions if it is subject to law enforcement inspection .

ymmv

1 - 3 of 3 Posts