Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new PolyCase Inceptor ammo features the company's patent-pending Cu/P projectiles, a proprietary lead-free copper alloy that uses a high-strength nylon binder designed specifically for projectiles.

The Cu/P projectiles are lighter and faster than lead, are environmentally safe and range compliant, and are produced using a fully automated injection-molding process and loaded to SAAMI specifications in high quality brass cases.

Read Article/click here

·
Registered
329 Posts
The new PolyCase Inceptor ammo features the company's patent-pending Cu/P projectiles, a proprietary lead-free copper alloy that uses a high-strength nylon binder designed specifically for projectiles.

The Cu/P projectiles are lighter and faster than lead, are environmentally safe and range compliant, and are produced using a fully automated injection-molding process and loaded to SAAMI specifications in high quality brass cases.

Read Article/click here
Yup, read that one too. Interesting concept. Must have the anti-gun/lead ammo freaks in California all concerned. I suppose they will find out that the Condor is allergic to resins too. :mad:

·
Registered
868 Posts
They don't call it "Plastic Fantastic" for nothing, huh?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'll try it out, when I actually see some around my area. I would guess none of us can make fun of something made of polymers huh?

·
Registered
40 Posts
So, take some copper BBs, put them in a mold, and then inject molten plastic around them?

Lead is not that scarce yet, I think I'll continue just melting it down and casting regular bullets.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tried those Polycase Inceptor ARX rounds in my 36. They are faster with lest recoil and muzzle flash. However, the resin used for the bonding process left polyps(SP) in the barrel after firing just 20 rounds. But, they live up to the claims, Don't think I will be using them again. Very expensive and frequent gun maintenance as far as I am concerned. :mad:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, the bullet nose design is definitely a bit different:

But from the look of it, it's not just copper BBs in a plastic binder, but basically copper *dust* in a plastic binder.

It also appears that the nose profile is designed for right hand twist barrels and would not work the same with left hand twist.

Checked the price online and at $25 for 25 rounds, I don't think they are worth it. Tin (or pewter) is about $20 per lb. I could cast pure tin / pewter bullets and load them for less than that.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Just thought I'd bump this thread since I heard the ammo mentioned again in GunTalk. Anyone have any new experiences they'd like to share?

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sabots are now available for reloading, I read an interesting article on reloading them, in one of my magazines a few days ago.

The 2 piece case is interesting, from the primer end to the open end, reloading requires different procedures from the normal way of doing it.

The article is in the Guns and Ammo December 2017 issue which can be read online, the article is titled, "Handgunning/Meet Novx" by Patrick Sweeney.

(Want to know why Glock no longer sends new models to G&A for testing and reporting ? Read the article, "Gen 5/Does Glock still set the bar ?" by Eric Poole in the same edition.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts