• I-phone

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Android

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Blackberry

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i have the complimentary flip phone they give you for free to sign on.

Votes: 4 16.0%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is your favorite operating system (OS)?

i had an i-phone 2g for 3 years, and just got the HTC droid incredible a few weeks ago. i've noticed that the apple OS is much more intuitive, and easy to use. however, the droid OS has many more options and features--flash 10.1 being a major one (steve jobs won't allow flash in the iphone OS because he wants his very own quicktime to gain more acceptance).

so, at this point, i have to give the android OS my nod, as it's features are more useful for me (i'm still trying to figure out how to use it, as it's far different that iphone's OS lol). :)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have limited experience as I've only used Treos and Blackberries. I do have a iPod Touch which is very similar to the iPhone and will be picking up a iPhone 4 this week .... finally. I have heard great things about the DROIDs but want to stick with what I know and want seemless integration into our current tech junk at home. We have a Aluminum MacBook and the iPod Touch so I know the iPhone will be a non-issue.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have limited experience as I've only used Treos and Blackberries. I do have a iPod Touch which is very similar to the iPhone and will be picking up a iPhone 4 this week .... finally. I have heard great things about the DROIDs but want to stick with what I know and want seemless integration into our current tech junk at home. We have a Aluminum MacBook and the iPod Touch so I know the iPhone will be a non-issue.
surprisly, i had issues with my 2g i-phone working with my mac. maybe that's been resolved with the i-phone 4 though.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Whats the difference with Android and Droid? As I understand it, Android is Sprint and Droid is Verizon. IS there any other difference or is it simply marketing?

·
None
1,525 Posts
I don't have an iPhone as I don't want to switch to AT&T, but I have used an iPod with wifi and like it very much. Plus, I am a fan of Mac products.

I have/had two Blackberries. My Blackberry experiences have been with the Curve and the Storm 2. I have an issued Droid Pro that I have had for a little over a week.

There seem to be a lot of apps that work across the Droid and iPhone platforms that don't include Blackberry.

It would be a tough choice between the Droid and the iPhone. I'd be pleased with either. The Blackberry is fine, but it is starting to get left behind somewhat.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats the difference with Android and Droid? As I understand it, Android is Sprint and Droid is Verizon. IS there any other difference or is it simply marketing?
The term "Droid" is actually a copyrighted word owned by non other than Lucas arts. George Lucas smartly copyrighted Droid so he could sell licensing rights for it for various consumer products and tv shows/movies.

In short, many phones carry the name Droid, made by different manufacturers and available through different carriers :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Basically Droids are Motorola phones.Androids are all other phones running the Android Operating System.And I love the Android OS, I have a Droid X and this thing had no limits.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Basically Droids are Motorola phones.Androids are all other phones running the Android Operating System.And I love the Android OS, I have a Droid X and this thing had no limits.

This is what I was looking for. Since I am on Sprint, and none of the other carriers can match Sprint's simply everything plan, I need to stay with them but I am in the market for one of these phones. I've had Blackberrys for quite some time now and really like it for what I do the most of, email. This is my only drawback to the HTC. The touch screen instead of an actual keyboard.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I have AT&T and an HTC Windows phone...

I'm looking to move to another carrier (probably Verizon) and one of the Android phones with a digital keyboard.

Any of you got 4G yet?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah, they got me for the $ 200 when first released but I got my wifes for free with it. And you are correct, the screen is amazing. Ive got like ten full length movies loaded on it.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, they got me for the $ 200 when first released but I got my wifes for free with it. And you are correct, the screen is amazing. Ive got like ten full length movies loaded on it.

cool, 2 for $200 is a good deal. have you updated to 2.2? kinda made the keyboard on my htc less convenient lol

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah they are both running 2.2 , I didn't notice a difference on my keyboard. And I don't mess with hers enough to notice a difference. Well she don't let me, lol.

glad to hear all is well lol. a minority of the droid x's are malfunctioning after the 2.2 update (call volume drops randomly, music app opens and srolls through music, home screens jump around lol). there's an update to fix them coming soon.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
is that htc you have the new windows 7 platform? what do you think of it? haven't really heard too much since the launch. are there any apps for it? thanx
No, mine's an older Windows 6.5 Mobile phone. I like the HTC interface and wouldn't mind getting an HTC Droid of some kind in the future.

I stopped by the AT&T store a few weeks ago... Have a friend working there... He was pumped up about the new Windows 7 platform... I'm not so sure... I've heard the new version doesn't multitask as well as my current version...

My AT&T contract runs out this coming March. I don't want to pay $500 for a cellular phone, so I'm going to wait until then to get a new one. Also want to see how the 4G stuff is working by then... Notice how all the AT&T "We have the fastest 3G service" advertisements have stopped since Verizon and Sprint have rolled out 4G... :)

I'm going to move to the Android OS... I think Google is pretty smart... The Android phones certainly get the best versions of Google Maps... which I use quite a lot. I think GSM is the future, but might move to Verizon to get better service... I dunno...

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
One thing I found was that Sprint charges extra for 4G.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've had a Blackberry curve for a few years but one of the girls at work showed me her Droid X and that thing looked amazing. I'm up for an upgrade from verizon and I think I'm going with the Droid X after the holidays.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.