Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Berry's plated bullets with their stock Glock barrel? I am new to the reloading, for pistols anyway, and I have been loading Hornady FMJ, but I'm less than thrilled with the price. I've looked at Berry's website and "they" suggest that the plated bullets are fine as long as one doesn't load them past mid range for powder charge.

I know that lead bullets can foul Glock barrels, and I'm actually trying to not go "head down, ass up" for once. I would appreciate other's thoughts.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I have used them in reloads for all my GLOCK pistols and have never had a problem with them at all. They are great bullets, plus great prices.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input Boomer.... Good to see you're back! Have you used their plated hollow points? I'm not sure I get the concept of plated hollow points, I'm guessing varmit shooting. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
No Prob, Im glad to be back. I haven't used their hollow points yet, I don't know how they would preform though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Take a look at the following jacketed bullets:

Montana Gold
Precision Delta
Zero

I have found there is very little difference in price if you buy in bulk (case) compared to plated bullets. Some people use plated and have no problems and some have tumbling issues. It really depends on your barrel.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can get Berry's 124 grain plated round nose for @ $80 per 1000, instead of $150 plus for jacketed. I will check on the ones listed as I believe jacketed to be superior, but for plinking I'm looking for "least" expensive. Thanks for the leads, I hav not heard of 2 of those.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can get Berry's 124 grain plated round nose for @ $80 per 1000, instead of $150 plus for jacketed. I will check on the ones listed as I believe jacketed to be superior, but for plinking I'm looking for "least" expensive. Thanks for the leads, I hav not heard of 2 of those.
Montana Gold 124gr FMJ $295/3750 = $78.66 per 1000 (includes shipping)
Precision Delta 124 gr FMJ $77/1000 (I believe this also includes shipping if you purchase min. 2000)
Zero 124gr FMJ $80/1000 (includes shiping)

I prefer MG bullets because they usually ship to my door on the east coast in 3 days from MT. They are almost always in stock compared to a wait for PD and Zero.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pricing TAP... I will try to find some of the MG in a "slightly" smaller quantity in order to try them out. Thanks again!

·
Registered
9 Posts
HI - I'm no Brian Enos or anything, so I can't tell a bit of difference in performance between Berry's and Zero or Montana Gold, for example. Although the MG's have a unique cool look.

I have had no issues using a few thousand Berry 147gr in my Glock 17. Hope that helps... Oh, and I pick them up at Powder Valley or TJ Conevera if that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I have had no problems using Berry's so far

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I have loaded up 100 rounds with 124 gr RN Berry's plated bullets, but I haven't had the chance to fire them yet. I will post my experience after this weekend as I will get them out then.
I ordered direct from Berry's, they shipped them fast and free. So, so good. I'm sure they will be fine for target shooting.
Thanks for the input....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.