Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally decided on the sights and placed my order. Thanks to Rick for answering my questions and pointing me in the right direction. I went with the Operator Rear, with yellow night sights and the Ledge to make for easy one handed slide racks, or malfunction clearance. I went with the Green night sight front with the orange paint like Vol has on his firearms.

I also ordered a box of 15" Green 12 hour glow sticks that they had on sale!

Looking forward to getting them and trying them out. Thanks for all your help.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool...

Which Glock are you going to put them on?
These will go on the 19c. That's the one I have done the most work with, installing a Ghost 3.5 connector, extended slide lock, extended mag release, smooth trigger, etc.. I've ordered the Streamlight TLR-1s weapon light and a Raven Phantom holster so I can carry the GLOCK with the light attached. I'll add these night sights to it and then I'll do it all over again with the standard Gen 19. :)

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
These will go on the 19c. That's the one I have done the most work with, installing a Ghost 3.5 connector, extended slide lock, extended mag release, smooth trigger, etc.. I've ordered the Streamlight TLR-1s weapon light and a Raven Phantom holster so I can carry the GLOCK with the light attached. I'll add these night sights to it and then I'll do it all over again with the standard Gen 19. :)
Sounds like mine except I also polished the blueing off the slide. Giving it a real shinny chrome appearance.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update - Received my sights today. 6 days from order to receipt. I have changed my mind and will be putting these on my standard 19/3. Hopefully tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Sounds like good customer service, and fast shipping

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Update - Received my sights today. 6 days from order to receipt. I have changed my mind and will be putting these on my standard 19/3. Hopefully tomorrow!
I have never actually seen any of the multi-colored sights. I've been kind of chicken to try a set...

Let us know how you like them.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted to go with a black rear but then decided I wanted something I could pickup at night, while still focusing on the front sight. In my previous experience, yellow is always dimmer than the green, and with these Ameriglos, the night sight inserts in the rear are also smaller than the insert for the front. We'll see how it works. If I don't like it, I'll order a plain rear.

·
None
1,525 Posts
I have never actually seen any of the multi-colored sights. I've been kind of chicken to try a set...

Let us know how you like them.
I've got a set of Pro Operators on one of my pistols with green in the front and yellow in the rear. I like the setup (prefer shooting with the plain black serrated rear though). I suggest that you put the color that you pick up the best in front.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are the yellow slightly dimmer as with other manufacturers?

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I wanted to go with a black rear but then decided I wanted something I could pickup at night, while still focusing on the front sight. In my previous experience, yellow is always dimmer than the green, and with these Ameriglos, the night sight inserts in the rear are also smaller than the insert for the front. We'll see how it works. If I don't like it, I'll order a plain rear.
Good call...

I think AmeriGlo's Operator and Pro Operator rear sights are the best call for keeping a gun useful for self defense and target shooting.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I've got a set of Pro Operators on one of my pistols with green in the front and yellow in the rear. I like the setup (prefer shooting with the plain black serrated rear though). I suggest that you put the color that you pick up the best in front.
Thanks!

I might try out a set of yellow rear sights when I get a set for my future G34.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks to Volgrad, I now have my new Ameriglos installed on my G19/3. I really like them! They are exactly what I was looking for. The yellow rear are just enough to pickup in low light while the green is nice and bright up front, drawing your attention there. In light conditions, the orange front is very bright and picks up very fast when bringing the gun up. I am 100% an Ameriglo convert and will be adding similar setups to my other GLOCKS.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.