Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I have finally been able to get progress made on the Tips & Techniques video of which I was talking of making weeks back. I got the whole of the footage shot weeks ago, took me roughly two and a half hours. The video could have been better, but its the first video that I have acted on and I was a bit camera shy. This part 1 video has been edited down from approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes of footage. It took me about 9 hours to sift through and create. Lots of outtakes and deleted scenes. Then it took 11 hours to load up on youtube.com and be ready to go. The video quality was pretty nice with the final product, but it got worse after youtube.com got through with it. Either way, you can still get the gist of it. I hope yall like it.

Reactions: coop

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Hey Boomer, nice video. The opening theme song was great and nothing like having the family dog make an apperance too! LOL

As I haven't made any videos myself, I won't critique but I would make one suggestion for any future videos. The music playing in the background throughout the videos distracted from what you were saying/doing. I would suggest having it in the opening/closing and maybe during transitions, but not having it during your instructional sections.

Good job and looking forward to the next one.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I love it when a plan comes together... (pretend Hannibal Smith voice...)

Great video, Boomer!

Very instructional... It summarizes many of the things we talked about in some of the early shooting posts, but even better... the video gives visual examples to make following along easier...

Thanks for going to the trouble of making this video!

·
None
1,525 Posts
Haven't been able to watch the video all the way through, but letting the slide go forward on an empty chamber won't hurt a Glock. Really the only pistol that it is an issue for is a worked over 1911.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I like the video and learn a little about the stands and grip.

I will stay, next time get rid of the dart board, there a couple of times where it interferes with your movement, dark on dark, the white wall works better.

Thanks for taking the time.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the comments, glad you guys like it. I shot the footage at the end of a hallway in my house at night. I had lots of lights on, but I guess I needed more. I will take the music into account for the next video. I tried to keep it low, didnt think it would be too distracting. The music tunes are 70s&80s TV show themes, I had never heard any other video done like I did and figured it would spark some good conversation. In order, Magnum P.I., Simon & Simon, The Rockford Files, Miami Vice and The A-Team. Thanks again for the comments and the critique notes, helps me learn for next time. Sometime next week I should have part 2 done, so stay tuned.

·
Registered
279 Posts
good job sir. great tips. one question though that i always personally felt it was true but never had facts. does it really hurt the gun to drop the slide without a round to be chambered? it would make sense that it would but i always see what i would consider knowledgable shooters doing it.

to play both sides here. isnt it making the same contact even with a chambered round? only thing that really slows it down would be the force of the round being chambered and the extracter engaging the case.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
good job sir. great tips. one question though that i always personally felt it was true but never had facts. does it really hurt the gun to drop the slide without a round to be chambered? it would make sense that it would but i always see what i would consider knowledgable shooters doing it.

to play both sides here. isnt it making the same contact even with a chambered round? only thing that really slows it down would be the force of the round being chambered and the extracter engaging the case.
Ya know, I honestly dont know if it would damage it or not, possibly over long period of time with repeated slams of the slide on an empty chamber Id say that it more than likely could cause damage. However, I am of the thinking that, whats the difference of taking those few extra seconds to ride the slide rather than letting it slam. Just because it most likely would never cause any damage, you never know. I just say, better safe than sorry.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Ya know, I honestly dont know if it would damage it or not, possibly over long period of time with repeated slams of the slide on an empty chamber Id say that it more than likely could cause damage. However, I am of the thinking that, whats the difference of taking those few extra seconds to ride the slide rather than letting it slam. Just because it most likely would never cause any damage, you never know. I just say, better safe than sorry.
I'm an armoer on three different pistol platforms. The instructors for all three platforms said that it wasn't a problem with the exception of a worked over 1911, and that was due to the stress it put on sear in that platform after it has been stoned.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Part 2 has been posted. Thanks for watching.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hey that's not a belly, its a weak side hand rest. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Excellent, Boomer!

I think you've done a tremendous job on those two videos. They are not too advanced, but they show the standing, holding, aiming basics that many of the new Glock owners will be seeking when they come to Glock.pro.

http://glock.pro/media.php?do=details&mid=35

There's the link for any of you that have trouble finding Boomers video... (like me)... Basically you just click the "Media" link in the black bar at the top of the forum.

Boomer - Maybe you could put the link for your second video in your 1st post... that way people could see them both when they click the link... and change the title to say videos or something... (if you want)

Then we can move it to the Glock forum and make it a sticky!

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey that's not a belly, its a weak side hand rest. :)
Now thats a comment from someone who knows what I am talking about! LOL, thanks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.