Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to pick up my new glock 22 Gen4 tomorrow. I've never really been a fan of glocks but I am fixing to start at the police academy and they require a glock chambered in 40 S&W so I'm gonna learn to love em. Just wondering if there is anything I should do to it right out of the box. I know that it is recommended for some pistols to make the first few hundred rounds through them something light and hot to break them in. Are there any little such trick that should be performed on a new glock? Thanks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Never shot or fired Gen 4, but I love Glock pistols! My 29 was FLAWLESS straight from the box with no breakin, now FTFs, no jams, and DEAD SPOT on accuracy! Couldn't ask for more!

I have a Gen 2 G22 that I like, but I don't consider it to be near the pistol that my Gen 3 G29 is. My G22 is police trade in, so it has some wear, but not bad.

Why if I may ask, have you not been a fan of Glocks? Any particular reason? I was neutral...until I got one! :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Im going to pick up my new glock 22 Gen4 tomorrow. I've never really been a fan of glocks but I am fixing to start at the police academy and they require a glock chambered in 40 S&W so I'm gonna learn to love em. Just wondering if there is anything I should do to it right out of the box. I know that it is recommended for some pistols to make the first few hundred rounds through them something light and hot to break them in. Are there any little such trick that should be performed on a new glock? Thanks.
And, good luck at the academy!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I picked up my new Gen4 Glock22 back on 10/11/2010 and I have been totally satisfied. Right of of the box I field stripped it and cleaned it with Snythetic Safe Gunscrubber. I also normally use a can of compressed air to blow thru the slide internal parts and also the frame to make sure to completely dry out any left over damp areas were the cleaner has been applied. There are some excellent videos on YouTube on where to lube a Glock pistol. Once you have the pistol lubed then reassemble. I ran a couple of hundred rounds of WWB 165grain purchased from WalMart before I felt comfortable enough to include this handgun in my Carry rotation, although it is not my main carry weapon it does reside along my beside loaded with Federal HST 165 grain JHP ammunition.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Very good choice in a sidearm. There is nothing you have to do to break in a Glock. They are good to go out of the box. I would still recommend taking it out with a box or two of ammo just to get the "feel" of it but there is no break in period. It will work or it won't. But since it is a Glock I would place money on the side that it will just work

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Almost forgot to say enjoy your time in the academy. While there just remember, Yes it does get worse

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
The only thing I do to a brand new Glock is remove the slide and put a bit of grease on the connector - trigger bar interface...

Enjoy your new Glock...

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Welcome to the forum, your first GLOCK and the Academy! Hope all three work out well for you. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys, thanks for all the support. As far as why I do not like them: their ugly, they have no hammer, they have a heavy trigger pull, and there's not really a safety. But I'm starting to like it. It's fun to shoot and within an hour I got my groups a lot tighter. Just had to get used to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.