Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
For the "big places"....I like Cabelas better than Bass Pro shop....they have a better selection of reloading components and target ammo...and I reload....so I am always dropping by for projectiles...containers....occasional powder...etc..

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Have you thought about buying your ammo online? If so look at these....

http://www.sgammo.com/

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/

I have used both and both are very good to deal with. You may want to consider buying in bulk online as the freight can be tough on 1s and 2s, but I bought 1000 rounds of 9mm Winchester Ranger 124gr +p for $ 215 plus @ $25 for freight... That is excellent ammo for less than WWB at my local Wal Mart. I use SGA more for personal defense ammo, but have a look.

As for local... can't help you.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually have ordered some online...they miss shipped, UPS didn't call, I caught it on the way bck to the shipper and was told they were going to charge a 20% restocking fee and then I'd have to re-order, and pay shipping again. Hollered at them for a while then at UPS. Then asked for a manager at UPS, explained the situation, told them my compnay would quit using them and boycott vendors that only ship with them, and that I would beat the snot out of them and the vendor in every Internet board I could find.

End result, UPS shipped back to me for no charge and the vendor gave me an extra 50 rds of 10mm. Was it worth the frustration?
If I can buy at a local vendor for a fair price, I would rather. If the local vendor can get close in price, I'd prefer to support them...someplace I can actually establish a working relationship, face to face.

So far, in east valley of pnx area, I like (if I'm allowed to specify) AJI gunshop. Haven't tried Cabelas...do they carry 10mm? It can be a problem to find. AJI has specials and canget real good pricing sometimes...as good as I've seen online, just not everything I need.
I think my experience was not the norm and there are some online stores I want to try. Both the above are in the list.

Thanks!

GN

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Actually have ordered some online...they miss shipped, UPS didn't call, I caught it on the way bck to the shipper and was told they were going to charge a 20% restocking fee and then I'd have to re-order, and pay shipping again. Hollered at them for a while then at UPS. Then asked for a manager at UPS, explained the situation, told them my compnay would quit using them and boycott vendors that only ship with them, and that I would beat the snot out of them and the vendor in every Internet board I could find.

End result, UPS shipped back to me for no charge and the vendor gave me an extra 50 rds of 10mm. Was it worth the frustration?
If I can buy at a local vendor for a fair price, I would rather. If the local vendor can get close in price, I'd prefer to support them...someplace I can actually establish a working relationship, face to face.

So far, in east valley of pnx area, I like (if I'm allowed to specify) AJI gunshop. Haven't tried Cabelas...do they carry 10mm? It can be a problem to find. AJI has specials and canget real good pricing sometimes...as good as I've seen online, just not everything I need.
I think my experience was not the norm and there are some online stores I want to try. Both the above are in the list.

Thanks!

GN
Sorry to bring up a sore spot... I've never had trouble like you described, that would put anyone off. Good luck finding what you are looking for.... In my area, the days of the "competitive" LGS are very nearly gone. If you want any "particular" ammo, good luck! It's more big box attitude and sevice, "buy what we have, not what you want" and I've found the internet to be much more convenient regarding "specific" ammo. In a pinch, Wal Mart, but not for 10mm....

Reactions: GlockNewb

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not at all, and in retrospect apologies if I came off as anything but appreciative for a suggestion! (bows his head). But yeah, the level I had to go to just to get them to make it right still tweaks me when I think about it.

Thanks a pile the suggestion and the two places you mentioned are on my "to try" list.

GN

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
And I gotta add, your signature calls it right...Im still mad at this other place so I saw it as I am, not as they are
No worries... No offence intended and none was taken... As to the saying, that is a truism that was shared with me years ago, and that one thought has helped me in many ways... I try to share it often, but then, sometimes even that offends. Then, that just proves the quote...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.