Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I'd like to thank Volgrad and JL for pointing me in the direction of Personal Security Systems. I have had quite a few discussions with the owner, Steve, ordered some gear from him and have become a very satisfied customer. Steve is 100% focused on customer service and is willing to work with you for custom work. His prices are cheaper than most, the quality is excellent and shipping is fast compared to other holster makers.

PSS holsters makes the kydex style holsters that have become very popular. They make standard holsters as well as holsters that will handle weapon mounted lights. Magazine carriers for handguns as well as ARs, shotgun shell holders, Small Item Carriers for lighters, batteries, knives, etc.. Steve is a top notch guy and I will be doing business with them again soon! If you are interested in a great kydex holster, give these guys a look and see what you think. Tell him I Sent you.

http://www.psholsters.com/

Reactions: __jb

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I will be posting some detailed reviews of PS Holsters in the near future. I have been holding off until I get a few more items in hand and have the opportunity to get some decent pics.

I re-iterate Steve is a pleasure to work with. He's really passionate about gear making and it shows in the way he conducts business.

Side note: Steve has registered on this site but I don't believe he has made any posts yet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
VERY nice looking holsters. I look forward to your reviews. I will pass the info along to other LEOs i work with.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
VERY nice looking holsters. I look forward to your reviews. I will pass the info along to other LEOs i work with.
The actual holsters I've seen in person and new pics Steve has sent me look MUCH better than what's on the website even. Most of those pics are early holsters and some changes/improvements have been made. They are currently working on upgrading the pics on the site.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The actual holsters I've seen in person and new pics Steve has sent me look MUCH better than what's on the website even. Most of those pics are early holsters and some changes/improvements have been made. They are currently working on upgrading the pics on the site.
The holsters I have seen on his site appear to be top quality already. I can only imagine if he adds improvements. Once the word gets out, I foresee him giving some of these bigger kydex holster makers a run for their money. If you ever talk to Steve, pass along my compliments. Take care

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I will agree with Vol that he has made improvements on what was probably already great holsters. For one example, on the light holsters, you'll notice on his website that the light slightly sticks out at the bottom. The light holster I ordered covers the light entirely while still leaving a hole at the bottom for debris/water to escape. This is how i prefer my holsters, covering everything on the gun.

On his customer service, I had a small issue with the light holster, that was actually by design, it just didn't work out well in my specific case. Steve was making some of the light holsters with retention on the ejection port so a user could carry their firearm in the light holster, without the light. The gun would still be retained. In my specific case, when the holster was on my person and the belt cinched tight, it put too much pressure on the ejection port and I could not draw the weapon. A quick email to Steve and I was informed how to quickly fix the issue with a hair dryer. I did so, and within a few minutes of testing and trying/heating, I had the holster right where I wanted it. I personally don't think someone should order a light holster and then not want to carry a gun on their light, but I can also see where Steve was trying to cover his bases for all his customer's needs. I am perfectly happy with the holster now, after a very small modification but Steve insist on making me a new holster.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
For one example, on the light holsters, you'll notice on his website that the light slightly sticks out at the bottom. The light holster I ordered covers the light entirely while still leaving a hole at the bottom for debris/water to escape.
This is one of the first things I pointed out to Steve. I was told he has made them both ways and the pic is prob something he was playing with and not a customer's holster.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have a PS holster for my 34 that I like very much. I want to use it a little more prior to writing a review on it, but I am very impressed so far.
TheLaw kind of called us out early here didn't he. lol.

I have already been compiling my notes for a review but haven't really "started" it yet. I was procrastinating until I had the chance to take pics.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, notice that I didn't say that you guys recommended them, just that you guys pointed me in his direction. While we have had personal conversations about the gear, I wasn't going to put any words into your mouths. I wasn't trying to call you out but rather give credit where credit is due. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Holsters on his web site look very nice... I noticed that the light extended below the end of the holster... nice to hear that he has fixed that...

Looking forward to more info...

·
Registered
10 Posts
First off, I've been lurking here for awhile, but this is my first post. Hello to everyone - I'm Steve from Personal Security.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I did this locally for awhile, but since coming to the "information super highway" we have gotten A LOT of valuable feedback. The mission requirements of many of the users is very different from the local CCW. I always have both ears open to user suggestions. Without getting into what could be viewed as a long sales ad, I'll just say my staff and I do our very best to make sure everyone is 110% satisfied.

On the light carrier with the exposed light, that holster always puts a smile on my face. In short, a good friend and recent hire of mine made that as his first holster on the job. It turned out nice and was originally in the standard form. We have been experimenting with "low profile" gear, so he took the dremel to it one day and cut off a lot of material. I'll see if I can find some pictures of the original form, but I really didn't like how it turned out. Not so much as having the light exposed as much as there not being any bottom retention rivets for longterm support. He handles the website, so that's how it ended up there. lol. I actually didn't know it was still up.

On that note, I really apologize for our website. It's awful. We offer so many more options and different items than what is listed, but PayPal's shopping cart doesn't have the room. We threw up some pictures taken hastily with a crappy camera, but really didn't expect such a positive feedback this quickly. We have since been working on a "model line" of better photos, but I'll probably have him update the site with new photos ASAP. Anyone who has been going there for awhile will notice we completely removed the "pictures" page. The hard part is finding the time. My website guy is back from a week off, so it should be cleaned up soon. We were working on it some tonight.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who has posted here. Everyone I've talked to who belongs to this forum sets the bar for being friendly. I'll have to remember to check back here often.

I wanted to leave you guys with a picture to give you an idea of how much a semi-properly done photograph helps in showing a product. I was going to post some Glock gear, but decided I don't want to step on anyone's toes. A good amount of my gear looks the same, so I don't want to beat anyone to the punch.

Thanks again everyone. Special thanks to Ron, JL, and VG for being good people.

Steve

*Low Pro Mag Carrier - M&P9 in Khaki ; M&P9 SMG 10 Deg Cant in Black

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
First off, I've been lurking here for awhile, but this is my first post. Hello to everyone - I'm Steve from Personal Security.
Very nice quality...

Thanks for posting!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.