Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry I did not have any further suggestions for you. I even looked for a "auto play video on the bottom of the page" and could not find such a button. If I come across anything else I sure will. Did you try Super Anti Spy Ware. Again, I use it, CCleaner and nothing else.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Sorry guys, I have more important things to do with my time than to wait for pages to load and scroll to the bottom to try and exit an auto play video just to read a page.

I will check in from time to time, but this site is being put on weekend check until something else happens, I have limited morning time and it does not include time for these games.
Don't you think it's a little odd that none of us see this video?

I suspect you have been hijacked by something...

There is a freeware program called "AutoRuns" that shows what programs automatically run when you start Windows... It is very helpful/useful... It was so helpful that MicroSoft bought the company from the programmers that wrote it... You might be surprised at how many programs start up that you don't know about...

"HijackThis" is another useful freeware tool for undoing Hijacking links...

Both those tools are very powerful and should be used with care... Sounds like they might help you out, but be careful...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The auto play video on the bottom of the page that has no controls to turn it off but is a redirect to a sales ad is a nice touch y'all ....

This a very annoying feature.

Gaz

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Don't you think it's a little odd that none of us see this video?
I have recently. And if this is the direction the site is going, then that is sad.
Might as well just be Yahoo

Gaz

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Is it on the bottom of every page?
For me it was bottom left hand side and only a couple of times just before the start of this thread but hasn't been back since.
I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Gax

·
Registered
89 Posts
Someone give me a screen shot of this icon. I can't find one to save my life. I have checked on different threads, different posts, before login and after logout. No such animal exists.

·
Super Moderator
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
For this thread I see a static ad, there was a auto play video on one of the other pages I read before this one, I will screenshot it for you next time I see it.

I see the static ad and the animated gif looking ad :

PHP:
http://tpc.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-5/html/container.html#xpc=sf-gdn-exp-1&p=http%3A//glock.pro
PHP:
http://tpc.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-5/html/container.html
The site is running much better now, the pages are still jerky, but the time to resolve them has come back into a desirable mode.

I must say that this week went by with an empty spot in my reading while I was not visiting here.

·
Super Moderator
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Forum
GP Main
New Member Introductions
Hello from Texas

This one is not loading ... note the tool bar at bottom of page with 86% document loaded report, seems to be on several of the threads.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
This one is not loading ... note the tool bar at bottom of page with 86% document loaded report, seems to be on several of the threads.
What it the app running at the bottom of your screen?

If you have a slow connection, and multiple apps monitoring cookies, download progress and other stuff, that might be the cause of some of the jerkiness you mentioned.

That still doesn't explain the extra video pane that neither bradberry or I see... In any event, the only course of action seems to be for you to contact an Administrator.

·
Super Moderator
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I must repeat that I visit 5 message boards every morning and this is the only one doing it as well as the only site stuffed full of ads !

I would hope that me reporting what I see on my end is being read by the Administrators, the pages flowed much more fluidly yesterday than they are today, it is still the ongoing battle of the ads trying to override my ad blocking apps !

I understand my connection is not a fast one but, that should not make me a step chile when it comes to wanting to read/participate.

·
Super Moderator
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Here is the bottom of mine
Maybe Admin wants to address why some of us have been selected to see the spam and others are not ?

PHP:
https://secure-assets.rubiconproject.com/static/psa/edx/RUBICON-300x250-2.jpg
The bottom of my page :

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Also the file upload manager is not working on my side, I am having to use the Basic Uploader to up images.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The extension on these say they are a .jpg image, while having automation it still requires bandwidth and time to load, they are much faster than the videos that were in the bottom header, but a time/resource hog none the less ...

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Today at work, I will be working on my 2017 budget, but I am going to take time out to log in to the forum on my work laptop and see what happens there. I will even log in directly on my work server to see what happens. I wish I had an answer for you OT.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I must repeat that I visit 5 message boards every morning and this is the only one doing it as well as the only site stuffed full of ads !

I would hope that me reporting what I see on my end is being read by the Administrators, the pages flowed much more fluidly yesterday than they are today, it is still the ongoing battle of the ads trying to override my ad blocking apps !
While I would hope that the Admins would monitor this thread, I might have expected them to say something by now if they were... I'll send an email to one of the admins and advise him/her of this thread...

Perhaps you just identified the cause of your problems in your last sentence...

Maybe Admin wants to address why some of us have been selected to see the spam and others are not ?
Web sites can detect active ad blocking software... Some web sites put up messages warning that the use of ad blocking software is detrimental to their philosophy of free web sites... Others could target the user in different methods... I have no idea what, if anything, is happening here...

It's not really withing my purview as a Moderator to try to circumvent any of the site's options... That's more of an Administrator's job...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Okay here are my results from my work laptop. First I ran Google with just the normal popup blocker. Second was Aviator with a popup blocker Using Startpage as my home page. Third was Firefox with Blur popup blocker. Now my speed does not compare with that of OT's since I am running 50m bup and 100mb down.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Material property Parallel

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Technology

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Technology

·
Super Moderator
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Perhaps you just identified the cause of your problems in your last sentence...
Oh, I am sure that is causing the problem jb.

But where lies the real problem, my wanting to block unwanted spam/info stealing ads, or a sites insistence on forcing this garbage on unsuspecting members/visitors ?

BTW, any Admin that does not read the Site Problems/Suggestions forum needs to find another past-time, it ain't all about looking pretty and ticking boxes in the ACP !

page jerk is pretty bad this morning .... Meh, I am done complaining.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I switched over to Firefox and still having the cookies and redirecting issue. It says the site wants to redirect me too many times.
This is when I started having issues and it IS ONLY this site on my end.
Just heard back from one of the Admins on this... They have written a Visual Basic (or vBulletin?) tool that allows people to login to Glock.pro through Facebook... Apparently there is a known issue with the version of VB they used and the redirect issue that you are having...

They are evaluating its use and how to resolve the problem...

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.