Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There hasn't been a whole lot of chatter lately on the paracord bracelet thread, so here's a different paracord related topic.

I had a table at a local gun show this past weekend and I was neighbors with a custom knife maker. I love nice knives, especially if I can wrap the handle in some paracord. Well as he was setting up I eyeballed a perfect candidate.

I let him know I liked it and he shot me a good price, but it was still early in the weekend so I just festered on it for awhile. Late in the show on Sunday he commissioned a few lanyards for his knives. In the end, we struck a deal for the few lanyards I made plus an awesome cash price. I was extremely happy! Here is the result of my wrap job:

If anybody is interested in knives, please visit http://anthonygriffincustomknives.com

Glenn

·
Registered
551 Posts
I carry a custom Bawidamann Blades knife. Micarta handle and love it. I invited Ben to a local match up here and he donated some knives for the prize table. A few had para wrapped handles. I have to say my next one probably will. It really lightens the knife up and provides a nice grip.

Nice, looking blade there. i'll have to check them out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I can tie fishing knots all day but every time I sit down and start to try and wrap a knife I give up. So how do I get one of his knives with a wrap by you?
Good question. All three of the above knives are in my possession. If you are interested in one of those shoot me an email [email protected], you can also go to Anthony Griffins website to see what he has available www.anthonygriffincustomknives.com and if you see something there let him know that you want a wrap or lanyard done. He and I will work out the logistics to get it to you.

Thanks!

Glenn

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pm me if interested in selling the one withe the green wrap. You keep teasing me with these now I have to have one. Also you ever make monkey fists?
PM sent. Yes I make monkeys fist key chains, and I have a tactical monkeys fist lanyard. It is about 3 1/2 feet long when deployed and is made with a golf ball as a core. I really don't make those for anybody though, just seeing if I can do it, LOL.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, this is art work I have never seen before... Great work.

Is there a link or site that shows in detail, on how this is done.... I would love to try this at lest once.

(Opps, just saw the link to "frayedknots")

Thanks,
David
Thank you for the compliment David. You won't find the knives on my web site other than in the gallery. I am collaborating with a custom knife maker here in NC to broaden both customer bases. Please feel free to visit his site at http://www.anthonygriffincustomknives.com to see his product line. Keep in mind that each piece is handcrafted and unique, so if you have an idea of what you are looking for, contact him to see if he can build one for you.

As for DIY, just pull up youtube and do a search for knife handle wrap. That should keep you entertained for awhile, LOL.

Glenn

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.