Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Az where the weather normally is not conducive to certain types of carry methods i.e IWB,OWB and so on. In the past I have carried my G35 in a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack allowing me to carry 2 spare mags, handcuffs, lights and much more. When I do carry Off The Body I normally carry a BUG. Always good to have a plan B. In addition to the Maxpedition I also have an SDS Tac Bag I use and have probably had for the longest.

Any thoughts on Off The Body carry? What type of bag do you use?

I will try to include pictures shortly.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I personally have never had an issue where I needed to carry off body. While the one time I visited AZ, I stepped off the plane and the heat wave almost knocked me down, I have always carried IWB, or OWB regardless of weather. Even here, it can hit near 100 and the humidity is the killer in GA. I could never wear a fanny pack personally. They just aren't for me. The maxpedition bag that _jb posted above looks like something I could carry as a last resort. Much better looking than a fanny pack.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pack that _jb showed is the same pack that I use at times (i have the older version). I started carrying Off The Body when my 1st kid came along. The main pouch was used as a diaper bag and the rear zippered pouch was used to conceal a full size Glock. Now I pack my G35 along with the essential LEO gear to included 550 cord, small 1st aid trauma pack, wallet, and cell phone. To the main zipper where my gun is, I've added a extended zipper pull made out of 550 cord to aid in the opening of the zipper and drawing of my weapon.

I carry Off the Body approx 30% of the time and w/ like any carry method, I practice drawing and shooting both at home (dry fire) and at the range. I find it this way easier to carry more gear for that "what if" situation.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I also carry my G35 in a SDS Tac Bag http://www.specialtydefense.com/p-189-tac-bag.aspx . In this bag you have the front zippered area where you can store misc gear like lights, wallet, phone, etc. In the 2nd zippered area (main compartment) is where my gun is. In the main area there is a molle panel where I have a Blackhawk Serpa holster mounted along with a double magazine pouch. The best part of this bag is that concealed behind the molle panel is a velcro enclosure where I have a panel from one of my bullet proof (resistant) vests installed. The bag is carried over the shoulder behind the back. In a O'S%^$ situation, the bag is swung to the front under your right arm and in front of your chest. You then pull the main zippered area open with your left hand and draw your weapon with your right. Drawing from Off the Body will never be faster than drawing from IWB/OWB but the fact that I can carry ballistic protection with me a plus. As mentioned before, I always carry a BUG when carrying Off the Body.

Carrying Off The Body is not "The" method just "a" method.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.