Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just notices something else that could shed some light on the matter. The slide and barrel have the Austrian proof marks on them, but the frame is made in Smyrna GA... How could the slide and barrel be Austrian and the frame be American, with all matching serial numbers??

·
Super Moderator
6,572 Posts
A bit more :

Gen 2 Model 17 with factory laser option
I bought a new 17 in 1996 with a factory option laser. While it's a factory option, Glock sent the gun to the laser manufacture to have it installed.

For the unbelievers, I have all the paperwork that came with the gun proving it is a factory option.

It has less than a 1,000 rounds through it. It has a 3.5# connector but the original can be put back in it.

Is it of much value?

Yes, I did a search & didn't find anything on "factory laser". & I'm in India & don't have the serial number at the moment.

Just curious.

Thanks.
I have seen one of these factory laser Glock in my cousin's collection, his is a 23 still trying to trade him for it too.. The laser is mounted in the the trigger guard and the wire to the pressure switch is inside the polymer...and his has some label on the slide also...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to Aro-Tek- Number One in Glock Accessories

An old Aro-Tek laser install. Nope that wasn't a factory option. Had one and their sights on an old G19.
Wasn't a bad setup, Unless you were looking for holsters. Then they sucked.

And the "2x4" slide release as well as the "sure touch" mag release are all Aro-Tek parts. The company is still in business and could help you out with all the relevent data as to when it was installed and any other options they put in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I emailed them to confirm wether or not it was sent in by glock to have done or not, like the quote in the above post from India claims. I live just 30 miles north of their business so I'm gonna guess it was something an individual sent in.

·
Super Moderator
6,572 Posts
An old Aro-Tek laser install.
There yah go ! I knew I had seen that set up before but at my age to remember something new I have to let something go in order to make room for it .... lol

good info thnkx.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Awesome! I knew you guys could figure it out. I'd love to see how they get the wiring molded into the polymer without messing the texture of the frame up.
They probably cut/grind into the inside of the frame somewhere then cover it up with a cement/polymer filler of some type. They may do such a good job that you don't even see where it was done, or it could be hidden. If the wire runs through the frame to the trigger guard (and it must), then this is really the only way to do it once the frame has been manufactured.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I use Aro-tek parts on my Glocks and have for years. That mod is definitely from the early/mid 1990's. It was one of the original integrated laser units. They were not out long and I suspect somewhat fragile. All of the wiring is routed through the frame. If memory serves, the module was detachable too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you in Washington state? There is a very similar gun listed for sale there on "Armslist"... Odd features on gen1 17 help
Holy shit! I was trying to find pics of this Glock, to show a friend. I'm the one that sold it to him!

That's factory. They only made 500, or 1500 of them and it was the smallest weapon laser of it's time, making this the single most valuable model of 17/p-body.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not a collector of GLOCKs but this would be the first collectible GLOCK I'd own if I came across one.
That is so very cool and somewhat nostalgic.
Remember when this was considered cutting edge? Lol!
The Terminator .45 Longslide With Laser Sighting replica prop weapon

·
Super Moderator
6,572 Posts
You laugh, I have two Carcano's, like the one Oswald used, and his had a side-plate scope mount.

IF you could find the mount with the scope it will cost as much as a case of Carcano rifles ! ! !

I am still holding out that I may find one some day ....

Gun accessory Cylinder Metal Musical instrument Wood

21 - 33 of 33 Posts