Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just joined so I could ask y'all a question. I have a gen1 17 that has features I've never seen in real life or on the Internet. It has an integral lazer built into the frame with the battery pack in the butt of the grip, an on/off switch on the cap of the battery pack that supplies power to the red pressure button 2/3 up the back strap which turns on the lazer bolted onto the front of the trigger guard. The laser comes out of a small 1/4"x1/4" box dead center of the trigger guard, held on by 4 very small bolts that thread into a thin panel on the inside of the trigger guard. There is no wiring inside the gun anywhere so I assume it is molded into the frame from the power supply to the laser. When i got the gun i was told it was a factoy laser, I always assumed it was just an early version of crimson trace (although I'd never seen one). But today I finally saw one of those first crimson trace Frankenstein glocks and mine is completely different.

Also the mag release is much larger than the normal little rectangle. It's about 3x as long as the usual rectangle, same height, flat on the trigger side and round like a semi circle on the backstrap side, and usual vertical serrations. The surface also contours downward with the frame's shape as it approaches the trigger guard.

So here's been frame milling for the mag release, pressure activation button in the back strap, and for the laser housing on this gun and it is extremely well done. the fit and finish on the parts is superb, doesn't look like something someone did in their garage. I'm on my iPhone and it won't let me upload a picture of it.

Please help!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Sounds like some "custom work" but photos would help us be sure.... I don't think it's a "factory custom", but stranger things have been found. To load pics you need to use your computer or a file sharing service such as photo bucket.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow those came out way bigger than I expected lol. but as you can see there's no wiring inside the frame anywhere. and yes the laser works. frame, slide, and barrel are all matching serial numbers as well. so the frame isn't some aftermarket copyright infringement or anything.

·
Administrator
6,582 Posts
I have a couple of Gen 1 models, (that is when I started collecting um), and have never seen one like that before.

I will step out there and say that is not an OEM option.

It is a clean add on though !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trust me I would never think its a factory option either, but ever time I take that slide off and look inside I puzzles me. There's literally no wires inside it. The only route from the battery pack to the laser is through the side walls of the grip. Which means its integrated into the frame, and that's just something that can't be done aftermarket. There no wires on top of the side walls. I've played with the idea that the trigger bar conducts electricity to the laser somehow, but I don't think that would be possible.

I've thought popping the fire control out and takin a look down there but I really don't wanna tinker with it and break the laser. That would be an absolute last resort.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's no kits of any kind out there like it from what I can find, so some guy out there fabricated all those parts and fitted them that we'll? I could see someone fitting their own laser onto a gun, but molding wire into a polymer frame? Making a very glock looking widened mag release? Making an extended slide release and bluing it exactly like glock use to? I find it really hard to believe some random guy out there did this, and I find it equally hard to believe glock made 1 random custom/prototype gun, and then sold it to someone.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I am. That's this gun. Must be the old posting of the guy I got it from. The only picture I've ever been able to find on google that closely resembling it is the picture from his add, for obvious reasons lol

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Well, that implies that your's may be a "one off"... Certainly interesting, well engineered and intriguing....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright guys I just took the fire control out to take a look underneath. I'm gonna have to say I have no doubt it's a factory instal. I can see the top of what looks like cement(??) And a circuit board. still not a single visible wire, the laser worked while the fcg was out so the trigger bar isn't passing the current along. so the wiring MUST have been molded into the frame through the side wall when it was made. I'll upload pictures when my son goes down for a nap. He just smeared his moms make up all over the couch while I was typing this... Anyone want dibs on the handgun after she gets home from work and kills me? ;)

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
Alright guys I just took the fire control out to take a look underneath. I'm gonna have to say I have no doubt it's a factory instal. I can see the top of what looks like cement(??) And a circuit board. still not a single visible wire, the laser worked while the fcg was out so the trigger bar isn't passing the current along. so the wiring MUST have been molded into the frame through the side wall when it was made. I'll upload pictures when my son goes down for a nap. He just smeared his moms make up all over the couch while I was typing this... Anyone want dibs on the handgun after she gets home from work and kills me? ;)
Is it possible that there's a battery in the laser, and that it's wireless?

Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No the silver thing on the butt of the grip is the battery compartment. If you grab the base of the silver part it unscrews and it takes 4 lr44 batteries. The way you turn it on is by turning the silver "forks" 1/4 turn any direction and it spins indefinitely either direction. Once you do that, the laser will come on when you grip the gun and depress the red button. So you have the option of not having the laser come on every time you grip it. Batteries come out, laser don't work.

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
..Batteries come out, laser don't work.
Oh well, I had to make a guess. Please do let us know what you can learn about the wiring in the frame. I wonder if Glock ever made any laser protoyypes...have you thought about writing to the factory, or emailing and sending them photos?

Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No I always just assumed it was early crimson trace till I saw one of those for the first time last night and realized mine was much different. So this was the first place i came. There only way I can think to inspect it any further would be destroy it, or X-ray it. Anyone got an X-ray machine laying around?? :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
No I always just assumed it was early crimson trace till I saw one of those for the first time last night and realized mine was much different. So this was the first place i came. There only way I can think to inspect it any further would be destroy it, or X-ray it. Anyone got an X-ray machine laying around?? :cool:
Somebody else may have one of these, unless it's yours:Glock with factory integrated laser?

Chris

1 - 20 of 33 Posts