Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this is only my second post and I am already asking for help but I don't seem to be getting a whole lot of info from Glock or my local Glock Stocking Dealer(My first post was in the new member introductions section:) )

I have a 26 that is involved in the frame recall......they want me to send my gun back to Georgia for a frame replacement.......unfortunately this will cause it to be treated like a brand new firearm in NY.....it has to go through an FFL.....it must have a spent shell on file with NY state.....I have to amend my carry permit to reflect the new number(which is not free to do).....the slide and barrel will have a different number than the frame so it will look suspicious to LE and anybody else for that matter and the "ballistic fingerprint" will be for the original barrel and the new frame so I see problems from that......

I am sure there are other issues I am missing and that NY and my local FFL will try to squeeze some $$$ out of me for this......and who pays the shipping??

Has anyone in NY ever had a frame replaced??
Anybody have any ideas??

Should I badger them for a whole new gun??

Sorry for the post length but I could not use less space and still describe my situation adequately:eek:

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
A few ?'s come to mind like how long have you owned it? Also not knowing local laws as far as the feds go the receiver is the firearm so if the serial# on the barrel and slide do not match its no big deal. As far as shipping if it is a recall (a word Glock does not like to use) As far as I've heard they will pay shipping both ways. Again this is what I have heard. I would call Glock as well as the retailer who sold you the firearm. Good luck and keep use posted

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Kaboom,
Also wanted to add never feel bad asking for help or advice, that is why we all are here. No matter how long you've been here, all you have to do is ask. We have a great many knowledgable people here(I ain't saying Im one of them) that can help you out with most anything.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I would ask the same questions of Glock and try for a new gun...

Chances are it won't ever matter... but it will be nice to have all the serial numbers match... for peace of mind...

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Agreed. When you say you haven't gotten much info from GLOCK, what methods have you tried? I've had nothing but GREAT experience with GLOCK's customer service and that's what I've heard from anyone who has had to contact them for anything. Have you called them and actually spoke to them about the situation?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife says I am over-thinking this whole thing......"stop looking for problems that don't exist.......

Just send it in and all will be fine......."

Of course she is right:eek:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To answer questions.....

I have had it exactly 3 days......it was a used gun trade deal.....

I found about the "recall"......my term not Glock's.....and called Glock.......

They asked what state I was in and verified my gun was part of the upgrade program........then said to go to my FFL and send it in....

Of course, being a weekend I can't do anything until Monday.......and I don't want to shoot my new to me gun.....so my mind runs wild with all the potential for problems....

I should be thankful that Glock is willing to do ANYTHING for me on a second hand and years old item......and so I am.....

I will go to my FFL and send it in....and keep everyone posted as to what occurs...:)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Yes, please lets us know. I'm glad you even get to own a firearm up there in NY... :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, please lets us know. I'm glad you even get to own a firearm up there in NY... :(
As long as you don't live in NYC things loosen up a bit.....we still have the "assault weapons" ban that sunset on the federal level......and county judges preside over the issuance of handgun permits......
Every county and every judge sets their own parameters.....

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
As long as you don't live in NYC things loosen up a bit.....we still have the "assault weapons" ban that sunset on the federal level......and county judges preside over the issuance of handgun permits......
Every county and every judge sets their own parameters.....
With the handgun permit, what are you allowed to do? Can you carry concealed or openly? Are you able to carry in many places outside the limits or do they restrict you so badly, it isn't really worth having?

Here in GA, many would be surprised to know that several years ago, the list of places that you could not carry was so long, many chose not to get a permit. Add to that the "Public Gathering" clause we had, which even Law Enforcement Officers could not define, it was difficult to carry here in GA. Thanks to the hard work and effort of many people from different local Organizations, we have really changed the Gun laws here in GA.

Regardless, I've had my permit since a few weeks after I turned 21, so about 18 years now. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Myself and my wife have concealed carry permits with no restrictions other than the standard school/government building/5 boroughs of NYC......The judge in charge of it at that time, and for many years, felt that if you were eligible there was no reason to restrict it......

The new judge......elected in the past few years.....puts restrictions like target shooting or outdoor sports only on them......It is all at his prerogative.....

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
We need to work on changing that. It shouldn't be up to an individual to decide.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dropped my G26 off to my GSD on the way to work tonight.........He said he'd ship it out tomorrow....

He stated that it was a "frame inspection" and said they were usually pretty good about this kind of thing so it should not take too long....

We shall see....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I called Glock......they stated no RA is needed......and that my GSD should have known that.....I called the GSD back with this info and he stated " Well that's not what they told me a week and a half ago......regardless it will go out tomorrow...."

I AM PISSED!!!!!!

I am tempted to pick it up and take it somewhere else.....I realize he is not going to make a bunch of money off this deal but is this how you want to treat me??

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I called Glock......they stated no RA is needed......and that my GSD should have known that.....I called the GSD back with this info and he stated " Well that's not what they told me a week and a half ago......regardless it will go out tomorrow...."

I AM PISSED!!!!!!

I am tempted to pick it up and take it somewhere else.....I realize he is not going to make a bunch of money off this deal but is this how you want to treat me??
Translation: He forgot... :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.