Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that detective Reagan in the TV show Bluebloods always keeps his handgun in a desk drawer. Everytime he and his partner have to go question someone they show him open his desk drawer, take out his gun and stuff it in his holster.
Is this something NY cops really do? Why would you want to keep unholstering/reholstering all day long?

·
Registered
443 Posts
The whole NCIS crew has been doing that for years.

If you're in the office for any length of time, the weight on your hip may become noticeable. It doesn't make bad sense to me. What's so tough about re-holstering?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Cops generally take their firearms off while on duty only when they enter an area they can't carry such as the jail or court.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cops generally take their firearms off while on duty only when they enter an area they can't carry such as the jail or court.
This is what I thought. I believe there have actually been BG shootings in station houses. Plus the whole unholster and throw the pistol in an UNLOCKED desk drawer where an ink pen could get stuck in the trigger guard. It just doesn't seem to be the smart thing to do.
If someone turns their back on a BG, hey, free gun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.