Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! Stumbled across this board in a google search and decided to jump in. Getting a Glock 27 for my birthday! A little bit about myself. My first name is Raul and I'm from Primera, Texas. I've been all over the state of Texas and have been shooting since I could hold a Red Ryder. This seems like an awesome forum, hope you guys don't chew me out too badly~ :eek: I-I'm sort of new to Glocks... Please show me the way! :D

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Raul, welcome to Glock.Pro from your neighbor to the north Oklahoma, we're glad you found us. Lots of great folks here and tons of information oh and one more thing

BOOMER SOONER!!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Absolutely love it. It's been my choice as my EDC for a few years now. I added the +1 Pearce magazine extensions for the extra round but even more for a place for my pinky. It changes the grip in a very positive way. I always carry a spare magazine and for that I utilize a Glock Modle 22 magazine....never hurts to have the extras.

They march well and the band is outstanding.........;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neat, it fits my hand great; which is why I want it. I also wanted a concealed carry gun, so it fits that bill, too. You say it takes 22 magazines, those hold 15 if I remember correctly, yes? I'll keep in mind to get one of the magazine extensions, should help the ergonomics. How's the recoil? I hear some people say it's bad, but others say it's manageable. Having shot a .40 and not noticing much of a difference(in recoil) between it and a 9, I figured it would be the same.

Seems like we're going to get along fine, pardner.:D

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
You say it takes 22 magazines, those hold 15 if I remember correctly, yes? I'll keep in mind to get one of the magazine extensions, should help the ergonomics. How's the recoil? I hear some people say it's bad, but others say it's manageable. Having shot a .40 and not noticing much of a difference(in recoil) between it and a 9.
Welcome to the forum.

Almost all Glocks will interchange magazines within the same caliber. Example, G22 mags will fit the G27 and 23. The G17 mags will fit in the G19 & G26. I carry a G30 .45acp and utilize a G21 magazine as a carry spare. The only exception is the G36 which is Glocks only single stack pistol. Its the black sheep and doesn't interchange with any other pistol.

Recoil in .40S&W isn't "bad", its just a little snappy compared to other rounds. I like .45 and the recoil of the .40 isn't heavier, but it is a bit sharper if that makes since. It is manageable and a lot of folks love it. With practice you should have no problem shooting it well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sounds really awesome, too bad I can't find those evil "high capacity magazines" right now.:mad:. Also, six rounds of .45 ACP(Glock 36)? :confused: I might as well just carry a revolver.

I figured it wouldn't be that bad, seems like I just need to get familiar with the round. Thanks for welcoming me, too!

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
....Also, six rounds of .45 ACP(Glock 36)? :confused: I might as well just carry a revolver...
Welcome aboard, Raul, we're glad to have you join us. I actually started with a Red Ryder myself, back when a guy named Eisenhower was in the White House!

While the G36 only holds six rounds, I think you'd find it to be a little more compact (narrower) than most revolvers, and therefore easier to carry. The G36 is also a whole lot easier to reload than a revolver, at least for most of us.

I would like to get a G36, but I'm going to wait until the Great Panic subsides: that means it will be about October before I can get one.

Chris

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Raul. Glad to have you with us.
Enjoy the 27 when you get it. Hope your b'day is soon!:cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you! That is true, it is narrower than revolvers; and yes, heck of a lot easier than fiddling with speed loaders and loose cartridges. I've been interested in the .45 GAP Glock(forgot the model number), but yeah... The Panic is hindering us all. Hope you manage to find a good deal on one!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I like the 27 a lot. I rotate it, a 26 and 19 for CC.
I have a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for the 27
that works well.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Neat, it fits my hand great; which is why I want it. I also wanted a concealed carry gun, so it fits that bill, too. You say it takes 22 magazines, those hold 15 if I remember correctly, yes? I'll keep in mind to get one of the magazine extensions, should help the ergonomics. How's the recoil? I hear some people say it's bad, but others say it's manageable. Having shot a .40 and not noticing much of a difference(in recoil) between it and a 9, I figured it would be the same.

Seems like we're going to get along fine, pardner.:D
OK...Pard....:D

The 27 as others have said is "snappy" and that is vewry true. There is quite a noticeable difference between my Glock 22 and the 27. Don't get me wrong it IS manageable but you need to fire it to get used to it. While something like the .45acp is larger it also gives more of a push than a snap. My suggestion is stay with the 27, just grip it tight and get used to the feel. Before long those groups will tighten up for you. The magazines are out there; don't be in a rush just keep looking and you will find them. For the next part of that is a factory Glock 15 round magazine should be $30.00 or less. The after market ones are cheaper but like most things you pay for what you get. Remember there are LOTS of companies out there so just keep looking. Also Happy Birthday (if I read that correctly) keep us posted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interesting, I like recoil though; lets me know I'm shooting a "real gun". :rolleyes:. Thirty bucks isn't too bad... Not as bad as paying 22 dollars for an 8 round Hi-Point magazine. I've overheard one of the guys at my local gun shop said that some of the after market ones weren't too bad. Thanks! I'll post some pics of 27 when I get 'er.

·
Super Moderator
6,494 Posts
Welcome from South Texas !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.