Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot my first 1911 when I was 12. I loved the gun but I wasn't a very good shot because the recoil was something I wasn't accustomed to. I joined the U.S.M.C. and (God Love Em) their stubbornness to let slip the hoary traditions is what makes them the Marines. We were dually trained on the 1911 (preferred) and the Beretta. I shot expert on both. I committed to Recon and we tested many, MANY different sidearms but always came back to the 1911 (back then, parts availability were concerns all over the world). To this day I prefer the 1911 over many designs, not so much as a loyalty to tradition as to the overall design, fit and myriad customization options available. I have always been open to new ideas, designs and have given many of them a test run. My first non 1911 purchase was a Sig Sauer P220. I loved it (still do, just so you know I am not a 1911 only guy). I recently purchased my first Glock. It is a used Glock 23 .40 cal with the high cap mags (13 rds). I have tested this weapon before, and I like the idea of Glock, I just wasn't sold on the fit in my hand. I do however have an issue with this weapon, as tactically it is not so proficient when reloading. I have researched the problem somewhat but have become stonewalled. The magazines I'm told, are designed to swell when loaded so that there is no accidental magazine release in the Gen 2 weapons. That is a great idea however, my mags will not drop freely when empty either and require you to use the hand you should be grabbing a spare mag with to pull the empty mag from the weapon. I have lubricated it well, but the marks on the mags tell me the tolerances are too close. I thought of maybe sanding the mag walls with a fine grit emery paper, but would like some input from the Glock nation before I go to extremes. I want to be impressed with this weapon, so help me make it tacticaly sound, please.
-New to the Glock Nation

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir! Absolutely I will, so far I am enjoying your site very much. Everyone is friendly and no one is too much of a smart a$$ just because you don't know Glock, ha ha ha! I am looking forward to the comradery with my fellow firearm lovers. Thanks for having such a great site.
Shawn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.