Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/politics/gun-carry-expansion-to-schools-parks

A proposed bill in NM's legislature will hopefully expand the concealed carry laws here in the state. It should allow concealed carry into public schools, colleges and universities, buses, liquor establishments and state parks. It is also proposed to allow more than 1 concelaed weapon.

I'm not sure I 100% agree with carrying at schools, but hey, why not, anybody that conceales on school premises with the intent to do harm, most likely wouldn't be licensed anyways. So why shouldn't the lawful, licensed individuals not be allowed. We'll see if it gets passed, hopefully it does.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Let us know how it works out. Laws passing like this help other parts of the country, IMO.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm not sure I 100% agree with carrying at schools, but hey, why not, anybody that conceales on school premises with the intent to do harm, most likely wouldn't be licensed anyways. So why shouldn't the lawful, licensed individuals not be allowed. We'll see if it gets passed, hopefully it does.
Exactly...responsible citizens should carry everywhere except in court. The events in Philadelphia in 2008 (voter intimidation) mean that we should exercise our right to vote and carry simultaneously! Criminals are everywhere. Do you read your county's crime reports monthly? If not, you're in for a shock.

Furthermore, in the states that have RKBA, they generally don't say "...except for people we don't like and places we don't want you to go." They usually say something about "shall not be infringed" or similar.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very interesting, we'll see how much faith we can have in Government if it passes. Maybe having a new Republican Governor will help. Especially if she's serous about hopefully dropping the crime rate. God knows NM can use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.