Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,623 Posts
Thanks for the follow up. Glad to hear you got proper treatment and a good working pistol.
Enjoy G19's are my favorite but that didn't stop me from buy a G17, G22, G42 ad 43 along with the 2 G19's. My wife made separate them in the gun case so they would stop multiplying.

Gaz

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for the follow up. Glad to hear you got proper treatment and a good working pistol.
Enjoy G19's are my favorite but that didn't stop me from buy a G17, G22, G42 ad 43 along with the 2 G19's. My wife made separate them in the gun case so they would stop multiplying.

Gaz
I had that problem with my AR's. Brought one home and it turned in to two. Then they started being different calibers and barrel lengths. Wearing different optics and furniture. Name a caliber that will fit in a 2.260 length mag and I have it except 300 blackout. I can reach out and touch someone 1300 yards away with a couple. At that distance there just dropping below subsonic.. Not bad for a short round.. if we're ever invaded I could arm ¼ the area. Not that I'd need to here with 6 retired Marines living within 1 block of me. Marine Corp birthday is a neighborhood party. Absolutely no crime.. Then what would you expect from the only service founded in a bar but a good time. I'm the only one in the area who played in the jungle. The rest played in the sand box.

You know this is a real change up for me. Since I was 18 I didn't like plastic 🔫 guns. It started when they took my M14 away from me in Viet Nam and handed me an AR16. I swear the pistol grip was stamped "MATTEL. patent pending." Jammed all the time even if it was constantly cleaned. Being plastic it didn't even make a good club. But over time it earned its place in my heart. I sure hope this Glock does.

· Administrator
3,328 Posts
Thanks for the follow up with the solution. Glad it was solved so positively. That was awesome service!

No idea where that RSA came from. He was right, Glock hasn’t used a black spring for a lot of years. I believe Glocks get 7 total rounds before leaving the factory so it seems like it might have gotten swapped out at the lgs? Could have been anything like comparing guns and switching springs by accident - who knows

Glad it’s fixed though, enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Administrator
6,732 Posts
I was going to ask if it had the old style "black innards", but assumed since it was a "new" Gen 3 it had the upgraded parts.

Glad you got it worked out !

But over time it earned its place in my heart. I sure hope this Glock does.

I EDC a LE Trade in Gen 2/3 G17, and like the credit card commercial, "I don't leave home without it."

· Registered
1 Posts
Hoping I can find some help here. Just bought a brand new G19 Gen 3. Went to the range today and I'm very unhappy with this thing. #1 is the trigger. I'm a 1911 guy. My Kimber rocks a 3.5 # stock trigger. Short take up.. clean glass like break. Ok, I ordered a ghost 3.3 kit for the Glock. I'll try that. #2 First shot and this thing did not eject the case. In fact the first 10 rd mag was like that. It also did not cock the striker. Took is apart and over oiled the slide rails and the recoil spring plunger. It got better but still had 10 FTEs. It at least cocked the thing. Next mag it started to eject cases but every rd fired I had to push the slide forward to get it in battery. OK, I'm 30 rds down the pipe and pissed. I bought this to swap with my 1911 for EDC. Thought a 9mm might be better for me than my 45acp. I will say my 9mm groups were tighter than my 45acp groups so maybe that thinking was correct. Right now I wouldn't trust this POS to sink when I throw it in the lake. How many rds does it take to get a glock to operate right? So far it's bone stock. Or do I just cut my losses and sell this thing and buy another 1911 in 9mm.
Yes there's no reason for that I've been using a clock for over 15 years not one misfire I've shot them before cleaning brand new and after cleaning I've never had one misfire there's something wrong take it back if it is brand new And have them find the problem or just exchange it for another one

21 - 25 of 25 Posts