20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hand Trigger Air gun Finger Gesture
Trigger Bumper Automotive exterior Air gun Material property
Light Black Auto part Gun accessory Musical instrument accessory
Hood Grille Black Automotive design Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Bag Sleeve
Hi new forum member here.

I just purchased my Glock G23gen4 last night, I have not fired this weapon yet but so far I really like (ok love) everything about it. It feels terrific in my hand.

I was a little put off however when I got it home and discovered that the included pistol case was missing one of the hingepins:eek: I wasn't really concerned with the case as much as I was concerned about the QC at the Glock factory. The missing pin was probably never installed cause I dont think its possible for one to simply fall out? What do you guys think? . I took it back to the gunstore first and the counter guy suggested that I put a "paper clip" or "nail" in the missing pins place and flat out refused to give me another case because they had put each guns serial # on the cases. Anyway I called Glock and they and they told me they would put one in the mail for me today (free of course) so I am happy with that.

Is the "speed loader" useless or is it just me because I can't seem to get it to work?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

I couldn't make the speedloader work the first time I tried using one. The trick is to push down with the loader, insert the round part of the way, let up on the loader, then push the round the rest of the way in.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Congrats and welcome! A G23 was my first firearm and I love mine.

The speed loader may seem useless and it takes more time than loading by hand, but it saves your thumbs a little wear and tear. If you want an awesome speedloader, get a Maglula Uplula. The way I use the Glock-brand speed loader is: the loader pushes down on the rear of the cartridge, so I use my finger to push down on the front of the cartridge at the same time, then I use the speed loader to hold the top cartridge down while inserting another half-way, remove the loader and insert the cartridge the rest of the way.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
View attachment 820 View attachment 821 View attachment 822 View attachment 823 View attachment 824 Hi new forum member here.

I just purchased my Glock G23gen4 last night, I have not fired this weapon yet but so far I really like (ok love) everything about it. It feels terrific in my hand.

I was a little put off however when I got it home and discovered that the included pistol case was missing one of the hingepins:eek: I wasn't really concerned with the case as much as I was concerned about the QC at the Glock factory. The missing pin was probably never installed cause I dont think its possible for one to simply fall out? What do you guys think? . I took it back to the gunstore first and the counter guy suggested that I put a "paper clip" or "nail" in the missing pins place and flat out refused to give me another case because they had put each guns serial # on the cases. Anyway I called Glock and they and they told me they would put one in the mail for me today (free of course) so I am happy with that.

Is the "speed loader" useless or is it just me because I can't seem to get it to work?
Welcome to Glock.Pro. Congrats on the G23. The Glock loader should not include the word "speed".
It is not useless, but can be usefull if you are not in a hurry! If you want speed, get an Uplula Loader!
Nice pics! :cool:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Welcome to the forum, good folks here. So that's what that thing in the box was......... hmmm, speedloader huh?

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
Welcome to the Glock.pro forums, Starfire!

I can understand the shop owner not wanting give you another case... Most (all?) people buying a Glock want the correct info on the sticker... Plus Glock is sending you another pin for free, so all is good...

Nice pix!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the nice replies I am glad to meet all of you!

I picked up a nifty little Blackhawk Serpa holster yesterday from a local dealer and the "02" model is a perfect fit for the gen4.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.