Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going guys. I just placed an order on a new glock. (not really new since it's a 3rd gen not a 4th gen but it is new in the sense I am the first owner) and I can't wait to get it.

The purpose of this thread is to ask about reloading and glocks. I reload and cast lead bullets. Mainly 9mm since many of my relatives have 9mm and friends so I can always make a good profit (that's how I bought my glock 19 lol). What should I look out for when using lead ammo on my glock when it gets here? I have some critical defense ammo but that's for home defense not for the range. I use my lead ammo for the range.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Welcome to the site gstang! I don't know much about reloading so i'll keep quiet on that front.. i'm sure there are some reloaders on here already - if not, they're on their way... ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can't speak from reloading experience, but I have read a little on this. I know there are some people that use FMJ reloads in the stock Glock barrel, and that is ok, I think, but as for the lead bullets, the manual indicates not to use these, due to the rifling in the barrel. You can get a replacement barrel from Lonewolf, that is safe to shoot lead bullets in.

This is just based on what I have read/heard, so you may want to wait till one of the experts come in to comment.

LC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.