Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot my new 35 yesterday and was more than pleased. I did not get to shoot alot but not owning any .40's except for my 24 i wanted to see how it felt. Very nice smooth pistol. I can see very early this Glock is going to be very accurate. I Have some 165gr WWB and a case of Fed. Classic 155gr. @1200fps. I actually bought the 24 for a .357sig longslide. But might just leave the 35 stay only a .40. I like the 155's for the .40 caliber. I'll post a better range report later, just a very nice glock. Plus i shot my month old 36 and its unreal how good this little .45 shoots.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Very cool! I am looking to get a G34 for competition shooting.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Very cool! I am looking to get a G34 for competition shooting.
Thanks i have a OD 34 that is one flat shooting 9mm and great balance for me. I shoot Fed. +9+BPLE which i have for years great SD ammo. But i also plan on some GSSF matches soon hopefully Griffin, GA in late Feb. The GSSF 34 is $507 at my favorite Glock dealer Ed's Public Safety. I hope you get your 34 soon.

http://www.edspublicsafety.com/index.html

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you like your new gun!
Thanks i never thought i would like the .40 but admit in the full size Glock's they shoot great. But to add i never held a Glock until this summer at 48 years old. But seeing the simplicity and most important realiability i was hooked.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Thanks i have a OD 34 that is one flat shooting 9mm and great balance for me. I shoot Fed. +9+BPLE which i have for years great SD ammo. But i also plan on some GSSF matches soon hopefully Griffin, GA in late Feb. The GSSF 34 is $507 at my favorite Glock dealer Ed's Public Safety. I hope you get your 34 soon.

http://www.edspublicsafety.com/index.html
Several of us from the forum should be that the Griffin match. :)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Welcome to the forum UtahHusker! Hope you enjoy your stay.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
congrats on the 35

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a more than satisfied new owner of a model 35 myself. In order to do a bit more shooting with the gun, I bought a Wolf .40 to 9mm barrel. Not to much luck with it, for I am finding 2 out of three rounds fired stovepipe. The original recoil spring is 17 pound and I have tried a 15 pound replacement with a stainless steel holder, better but still not great. Before I buy any other spring or the such, any suggestions?
Thanks, Art

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I shot my new 35 yesterday and was more than pleased. I did not get to shoot alot but not owning any .40's except for my 24 i wanted to see how it felt. Very nice smooth pistol. I can see very early this Glock is going to be very accurate. I Have some 165gr WWB and a case of Fed. Classic 155gr. @1200fps. I actually bought the 24 for a .357sig longslide. But might just leave the 35 stay only a .40. I like the 155's for the .40 caliber. I'll post a better range report later, just a very nice glock. Plus i shot my month old 36 and its unreal how good this little .45 shoots.
Congratulations on your new 35!

...and you also have a 24... that's very cool... I have a 17L and love shooting it... If I ever find a nice 24 I would buy it...

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I am a more than satisfied new owner of a model 35 myself. In order to do a bit more shooting with the gun, I bought a Wolf .40 to 9mm barrel. Not to much luck with it, for I am finding 2 out of three rounds fired stovepipe. The original recoil spring is 17 pound and I have tried a 15 pound replacement with a stainless steel holder, better but still not great. Before I buy any other spring or the such, any suggestions?
Thanks, Art
Welcome to the Glock.pro forums!

2 out of 3 rounds failing to eject is a bit of a problem.

I would return the 35 to the standard .40 caliber hardware that it originally came with. If it shoots the .40 caliber rounds successfully, I would question the manufacturer of the replacement system.

Not sure what parts the replavement system comes with, but there are usually a lot of different parts between a .40 and a 9mm of the same size.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Congratulations on your new 35!

...and you also have a 24... that's very cool... I have a 17L and love shooting it... If I ever find a nice 24 I would buy it...
Thanks, the 17L is on my list oneday. Longslides i really like them. Academy is where i found my 24 and it was discounted. So with my 34,35, and 24 all i need is a 17L i bet its fun to shoot. I will buy a .357sig barrel for the 24 this summer can you imagine that type of speed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.